Proposed Bkk Mass Transit Of The Future

Mekong

Chunks of it already exist and more chunks are well underway.

The red line north as far as Lak Hok (my stop) is full steam ahead with concrete for track and stations all but done. Some steel work up for some of the stations already.

Whilst it should make night out on the town a lot easier a dumbass midnight closing policy will render it next to useless. This stuff needs to be 24/7.

RM

I realise that chunks of such already exist or are ongoing but the proposed extensions if they come off extend to areas where Mass Transit is missing

For me Line 4 (Dark Green Line) going SE is the Main one, Samut Prakan / Bang Pu is the Main Industrial Estate District of Bangkok, and a Southern Approach to Survanibhumi will make it less downtown centric.

As with most thinks in BKK I am not holding my breath but if it does transpire we may have a semi workable Mass Transit System

jitagawn

I got this first hand from Singapore today this is the 15 year plan, the BKK-DMK is really required as is Line 4 (Dark Green)

South Eastern Bangkok is the Industrial Area of the City and ASEAN is kicking off soon, links from both airports both Budget and International to the areas of productivity are required IMHO to allow Thailand to be competitive within ASEAN initially and then global markets

IMHO lines from Udon Suk will be first, it presently ends at Bearing but at that junction is where "Bangkok City" is now under construction, I can see a BTS / Metro Interchange there, has to be Metro towards BITEC / Central Bang Na and Bang Na Mega, Bang Na - Trat Highway is in the way of a BTS Line