That Open Air Soi 7 Food-Court Restaurant That Closed Down, And Similar

Fiery Jack

I know the large open-air food-court-style restaurant that was on the right as you go down Soi 7* (just across from Soi 7 Beergarden) closed down over a year ago. :rip: Like Golden Beer Bar, it was a prime people-watching spot: another good one gone... :shakehead And the food was good too. :up: Unlike a lot of places, if you asked for it pet-mak-mak spicy, brother you'd get it pet-mak-mak-mak-mak-mak jing-jing you're a better man than I am gungha din thar she blows yifter the shifter twice on the pipes hooray and up she rises spicy: I mean radioactive — toilet roll in the fridge, and no need to set the alarm, mate. :surprised: Ring of fire, indeed. :yikes:

Sadly missed, but anyone know what will be built to replace it? It was not much more than a pile of rubble last time I staggered past on my way to a quick morning bracer or two :drunk: at the Beergarden. :applause:

While I'm at it, are there any similar restaurants (well, cafeterias/food courts really) — cheap-and-cheerful, outdoor (but not necessarily), plastic chairs, good basic authentic Thai food — in BKK that anyone would recommend. I know there's one on the corner of (I think it's) Soi 3/1, and another on the opposite side of Sukhumvit that gets a lot of backpackers. Any more? :hmmm:

jack :help:

*Can't find any photos of it online. I mean the joint the dude who took this 2011 video sits at from 1:45 to 3:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYUc32O-Ac8

• Like 1

Part of it moved to Suk Soi 7/1, west side, a few doors the Suk side of Tarntip Massage. Nowhere near all of it. I haven't had a chance to check the menu at the new location yet, although I think I'll make a point of doing that in January, probably after my first massage of the trip, at Tarntip. (I've been a very satisfied customer of Tarntip Massage for years now.)

• Like 1

I used to enjoy sitting in that open air diner. Nice lounges a variety of food and cold beer. Always had some type of sports playing usually EPL.

Mozzies could be a problem though at times. Was there a 2.00 am a few years ago during Songkran when a bunch of Indians thought it was acceptable to run through the place with super soakers having a battle amongst themselves. KNOBS

While I'm at it, are there any similar restaurants (well, cafeterias/food courts really) — cheap-and-cheerful, outdoor (but not necessarily), plastic chairs, good basic authentic Thai food — in BKK that anyone would recommend. I know there's one on the corner of (I think it's) Soi 3/1, and another on the opposite side of Sukhumvit that gets a lot of backpackers. Any more? :hmmm:

Everywhere in the country, from Nakon Nowhere to Baan Nok, but admittedly most don't have a freelancer bar across the way ... or do they? Amazing Thailand

While I'm at it, are there any similar restaurants (well, cafeterias/food courts really) — cheap-and-cheerful, outdoor (but not necessarily), plastic chairs, good basic authentic Thai food — in BKK that anyone would recommend. I know there's one on the corner of (I think it's) Soi 3/1, and another on the opposite side of Sukhumvit that gets a lot of backpackers. Any more?
That place at Suk Soi 3/1 does the best shrimp pad Thai I've found ANYWHERE.

My regret from the last trip is I didn't get a chance to hit them for lunch.

• Like 1