Veges Vs Carnivores

Coss

"There is growing evidence of the strain our meat consumption is placing on the environment, with every 1kg of meat protein requiring the same amount of energy to produce as 3kg to 10kg of vegetable protein would."

​OK, thinkers amongst us, assuming that the above statement is true, would the following be a reasonable assumption?

Meat protein is of higher quality than vegetable protein, by a ratio similar to the energy production statement above, i.e. 1 Kg of meat protein has the same nutritional/energy value as 3 ~10 Kg of dull and tasteless road-verge protein.

I'm interested to know.

The worlds expanding poulation, will have to look for alternative forms of protein, and this will come from the limitless supply of insects. I myself have never tried and would never want too, but protein from insects will be the food in generations to come ...

The worlds expanding poulation, will have to look for alternative forms of protein, and this will come from the limitless supply of insects. I myself have never tried and would never want too, but protein from insects will be the food in generations to come ...

Maybe the real problem is the "The worlds expanding poulation", the worlds resources aren't limitless, also including insects. When I was young many people saw the fish in the see as a limitless resource. Today we know that this was wrong.

Perhaps one should start looking at the very powerful forces that oppose family planning and the impact on the environment by their agenda.