What Have You Had Nicked (Stolen)

The_Munchmaster

Well, well, well (three holes in the ground) it seems that it is no longer possible to post something sensible on T360?! (KS lost interest long ago) Here was me thinking that a few examples of my losses might trigger a few memories from others about their losses, but no instead it triggered the venom of the board know it all, Khun Mekong, who I believe has a minor role in the upcoming Tarantino movie, The Hateful Eight.

Btw, "fuck us Salford Lads" is an aged gay boy band with Kong on bass (he likes it up the ass).

And no Kong, I don't hate you. But I do feel sorry for you, very sorry for you. You've spent most of you're time on this board lying about your life in a desperate attempt to gain sympathy from the board. You even lied about dying, about a doctor giving you 5 years to live (as if they would) when there was actually fuck all wrong with you?!

In summary Kong you are a fucking CUNT. If only that doctor had been real because by now you would have been dead. :neener::grinyes::tuxedo::biggrin::bang::applause: :applause: :drinking::cheerleader::up: :up: :up: :up: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

So What :tuxedo: :tuxedo: :tuxedo: :tuxedo:

Actually, talk about tempting fate and whatnot, but...

Stayed at Nana Hotel last week for 5 nights, one radioactively plastered:drunk: and the others medium-heat.

Anyway, went down to breakfast on the most hungover morning. Locked the room door but left room safe open. :clown:

Came back. Room had been cleaned. Room safe still open, which was when I realised I'd left it open.

Checked contents. I'm pretty sure that the equivalent of about 10,000 baht had (in Japanese money) been lifted from my spare wallet. There was still money in it, but 3 x 10,000 yen notes less than I remembered. Everything else still there: credit cards, passport, iPod... :hmmm:

Now, I was/am reluctant to cry 'theft' as:

1. I genuinely can't remember how much was in the fucking wallet. Pretty sure but not 100% that it was light. :hmmm:

2. I know and trust the maids at Nana Hotel. :hug;

3. I'd shagged a freelancer the night before. She was nice and no way she nicked the bread, but I was paralytic :drunk: so might have paid her in yen if I'd had no Thai brass? Can't remember. :relieved:

I probably had less than I thought I had, and I'll chalk it down to experience either way. :clown:

Just thought it ironic, that's all. :applause:

jack :help:

Here's an email thread I had with a couple friends in 2013, just after getting pickpocketed by a katoey (and no, not into katoeys, [nothing against those that are]).

shared this with KS at the time -- not quite sure if there's a lesson here - other than my ignorance. the thread is a bit funky being in reverse chronological order, but too lazy to move it around.

------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Subject: Re: seriously - this is the weirdest fucking week i've had in bangkok

To: n

Cc: V

I figured you were passed out last night and sleeping - not a problem sir. This all happened late enough where us meeting up earlier wouldn't have made one bit of difference. Hell, it might've been worse - I might've brought more money hahaha.

The thing is - this doesn't bother me that much at all. In some twisted way it almost makes me happy. I got pickpocketed, I got played by a con on the street - it's a nice slap in the face and a wake up, i'm not that fucking smart or cool or above it all. Always good to be brought down to earth in a way that isn't too harmful.

Fuck it, I chose to came here solo and live a little risky, not a lot - but a little. So be it.

It was actually pretty nice having you in town, made me realize that one thing I do miss is a certain level of conversation and directness. This may sound weird, one of the things I miss the most in LA is going to BCD Tofu house with V and shooting the shit about life.

Have a good trip.

jairai

----

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM, n wrote:

Shit. Maybe I'm a jinx for you and it's best that I'm moving on

I was dead last night. Fell asleep at about 8ish on the sofa. Next thing I know it's 3am and I made my way to the bed.

Is there anything you might need from me that I can help with??

----

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:44 AM, jairai wrote:

No, but I lost about 8k baht, driver's license, and a card that was about to expire. It was pretty weird. I was at Climax and a little drunk so I wanted to walk around and get fresh air.

I walked down to Soi 7 and over the overpass to the other side of the street and was going to talk to my friends at Big Dogs. There was a Katoey who was alone and very very drunk, came and practically fell on me with "I go with you..." I was like NO. Funny thing is I felt pity for this person.

Before i got to soi 4 I reached for my back pocket and the wallet was gone, turned around and hauled ass back but it was too late. God damn, I was literally pickpocketed. Really???? Holy fuck.Anyway - the worst thing is now I need to get a new key card to access my apartment, and after going through the 'losing my key' fiasco today security is going to think I am falang dipshit #1.

Of course after all this happened I came back to the room, grabbed some money, and went back out.

And it was well worth it. :)

Going to sleep now.

-jairai

-------

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 2:35 AM, V wrote:

Damn, what a week!. I think you should write this one up. I don't think the katoey was drink, he was just playing drunk.

Be careful.

-----

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM, jairai wrote:

they just closed the card. :)

i was walking alone and some drunk katoey was trying to fucking grab me and shit and i pushed her/him away - several minutes later i realized my wallet was fucking gone.

this past couple weeks - lost ATM, lost room key, lost card key to use apartment, wallet stolen.

almost 2am. i'm def going back out. :)

------

Date: Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Subject: seriously - this is the weirdest fucking week i've had in bangkok

literally - my wallet was just stolen by a fucking katoey on suk. wtf. anyway - didn't lose too much but damn they got my schwab card and my key card for the apartment, the security at my building must think i'm a royal dipshit by now.

i'm waiting on hold to cancel card then going back out. fuck this shit.

Had my 1973 Datsun Pickup truck stolen in 1975 from in front of house. I always leaved the keys in ignition.

Found 5 days later about 30 miles away in major city. Keys still in it. Gas tank empty. Parked in front of a fire hydrant.

5 parking tickets for parking in front of a fire hydrant. Money and highway tokens still in glove box.

Put some petrol in it and drove home.

Thankfully, they were honest crooks !