Hooters, Soi 4.

Fiery Jack

You can get better food at lower prices elsewhere on the soi, plus you can watch all the naked damsels you want dancing in the nearby gogo bars. I don't see Hooters being a big success here. (They've also opened a branch in both Pattaya and Patong. Maybe they know something that we don't.)

When I was in Bangkok, normally I lived with my Thai friends and their families. But the friends have their homes far out in the suburbs of Bangkok.

In the Don Muang area or in Lam Luk Ka and so on. Far away from the center. So sometimes I took a room in a simple and small hotel in Soi 4.

During the day I opened my office in Hooters - Nana Hotel; my notebook, a small memo pad, some books … the opening times were from 11 am to 17 pm.

post-140-0-86842900-1462312517_thumb.jpg

I had my coffee, my water, sometimes a small snack.

Studying, reading, writing reports, articles and comments for miscellaneous German discussion forums as well as for German and English sanuk boards.

And of course there was always time to chat and flirt with the pretty Hooters girls and taking pictures of them.

Spent great afternoon there. It was a productive and at the same time entertaining, amusing time.

Enough for one go.

Live from Hamburg, zero pm / am local time.

Nasiadai - Bakwahn

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

PS:

pictures of the girls are not allowed, so no photos.

• Like 2

1. Reasons to go to Hooters as opposed to the other bars lining Soi 4:

i. Hooters birds are sweet, affable, attractive and shapely young things who'll leave you alone unless you wish to chat (in which case they're witty and charming), and not clapped out old bangers or yaa-baaed up mental cases wanting to siphon your wallet and cock as rapidly as possible.

ii. Hooters birds, at least the ones I've spoken to, have a much greater command of English than the birds elsewhere on the Soi, meaning you can enjoy a meaningful conversation, or at least a conversation slightly above moronic, in Hooters.

2. Reasons to go to the other bars lining Soi 4 as opposed to Hooters:

i. Hooters birds aren't barfinable thence shaggable after a cursory two-minute preamble, as far as I know, whereas the clapped out old bangers and yaa-baaed up mental cases that populate the other bars on Soi 4 patently are.

ii. Hooters food is shit.

iii. Hooters booze and food are outrageously overpriced.

That's how it seems to me after somewhat extensive research, anyway. :drunk:

jack :help:

• Like 2

There is not much about Soi 4 that attracts myself with the exception of Narai Massage but on the other hand I am a strong believer in the values of preserving world cultural heritage and consider Hooters as operating below local standards by offering an ambience that looks like it is well organised . Should Mr Jack´s statement be true that the ladies are not barfineable the Hooters management shows open disrespect for what Soi 4 stands for, meaning it should be closed as soon as possible .

• Like 1

1. Reasons to go to Hooters as opposed to the other bars lining Soi 4:

i. Hooters birds are sweet, affable, attractive and shapely young things who'll leave you alone unless you wish to chat (in which case they're witty and charming), and not clapped out old bangers or yaa-baaed up mental cases wanting to siphon your wallet and cock as rapidly as possible.

ii. Hooters birds, at least the ones I've spoken to, have a much greater command of English than the birds elsewhere on the Soi, meaning you can enjoy a meaningful conversation, or at least a conversation slightly above moronic, in Hooters.

2. Reasons to go to the other bars lining Soi 4 as opposed to Hooters:

i. Hooters birds aren't barfinable thence shaggable after a cursory two-minute preamble, as far as I know, whereas the clapped out old bangers and yaa-baaed up mental cases that populate the other bars on Soi 4 patently are.

ii. Hooters food is shit.

iii. Hooters booze and food are outrageously overpriced.

That's how it seems to me after somewhat extensive research, anyway. :drunk:

A very concise and accurate evaluation. It should be printed in the Bangkok Post. :)

• Like 1

You can get better food at lower prices elsewhere on the soi, plus you can watch all the naked damsels you want dancing in the nearby gogo bars. I don't see Hooters being a big success here. (They've also opened a branch in both Pattaya and Patong. Maybe they know something that we don't.)

Yes. (Or they know something that some of us do know.) They know that a lot of tourists are gullible morons incapable of thinking or venturing in any meaningful or pioneering way outside the box with which they are familiar, mental stay-at-homes who cross oceans and time purportedly to escape their 'home' environment only, once abroad, to strive to replicate it. :clown:

Baffles me. :doah: But, as that great philosopher of modern consciousness Sheryl Crow said, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad." :applause:

Having said which, my 'home' environment being a well-documented tragic but risible collage of drunkenness and disasters and warpath-walking scorned females, it could be argued that I have striven over many summers to replicate it in Bangkok, and more or less succeeded. :relieved:

• Like 2

Hi,

"which came therefore out of her wages"

This annoys me. Staff likely make pretty much fuck all anyway, and then management makes them responsible for losses incurred due to people not paying.

Sanuk!

Agreed. But, OTOH if you're mgmt, you have to have some ways to motivate the servers to pay attention to customers and not lose checks.

A smart manager will announce this policy, insist it is strictly enforced, and then be very generous with exceptions ;-)