Hooters, Soi 4.

Fiery Jack

Agreed. But, OTOH if you're mgmt, you have to have some ways to motivate the servers to pay attention to customers and not lose checks.

A smart manager will announce this policy, insist it is strictly enforced, and then be very generous with exceptions ;-)

What you said.

I used to have staff that would chase people down the road for unpaid bills, much to my consternation, cute little waitresses after a mob of louts, I never deducted anything from their wages, but they had the impression that I might.

Au contraire´ I've worked in places that would bill staff for a broken wine glass, morale there was gutter low.

1. Reasons to go to Hooters as opposed to the other bars lining Soi 4:

i. Hooters birds are sweet, affable, attractive and shapely young things who'll leave you alone unless you wish to chat (in which case they're witty and charming), and not clapped out old bangers or yaa-baaed up mental cases wanting to siphon your wallet and cock as rapidly as possible.

ii. Hooters birds, at least the ones I've spoken to, have a much greater command of English than the birds elsewhere on the Soi, meaning you can enjoy a meaningful conversation, or at least a conversation slightly above moronic, in Hooters.

2. Reasons to go to the other bars lining Soi 4 as opposed to Hooters:

i. Hooters birds aren't barfinable thence shaggable after a cursory two-minute preamble, as far as I know, whereas the clapped out old bangers and yaa-baaed up mental cases that populate the other bars on Soi 4 patently are.

ii. Hooters food is shit.

iii. Hooters booze and food are outrageously overpriced.

That's how it seems to me after somewhat extensive research, anyway. :drunk:

jack :help:

Well based on that analysis we are getting nowhere!

As a young boy, I stole an egg from a crows nest and incubated it. The creature that emerged, I nurtured and cosseted. The baby crow was mine and I was her. We went everywhere together.I trained her to do a few tricks, but mostly we were companions. For a bird she was highly intelligent, She used to steal any thing that glittered and put it high up in a tree. But she could be coaxed to bring them back. Eventually the crow became more mature and her eyes changed from brown to pale blue. It was then she flew away - far away - until just a speck on the horizon. I knew she wasn't coming back, that is in my stone cold heart. I thought long and hard about it - obviously I was missing her - I didn't want her back.

I didn't want her back because I wanted her to fly.

Hooters simply doesn't fulfill these criteria.

Commercial and soulless communities like Starbucks , Burger King and so forth I usually avoid like the pest which would then includes Hooters . After thorough analysis of all available literature about the establishment I note there seem to be crowds of ssalimm young lasses in hot pants . Which I fancy a lot I must admit . I shall pay the place a visit next week .

• 2 months later...

ii. Hooters food is shit.

iii. Hooters booze and food are outrageously overpriced.

I'll disagree flatly with Jack on ii and somewhat on iii.

Hooters food is not "shit," as judged by someone who's presumably not an American. It is a kind of American comfort food/fast food that bears a pretty good resemblance to what you'd get at Hooters back in the U.S. So at least in that regard, they're being reasonably authentic here in BKK. And, like most things here done here in farang style with imported ingredients, the prices are going to be higher.

I've had a couple of their hamburgers at the Soi 15 branch, and they've been better than average for Bangkok. Mainly, the beef Hooters uses here has been tasty and a good grind, not some of the foul-tasting (Thai?) beef that too many places around here use for their burgers. When I went, it was with a 50% Eatigo discount for the Soi 15 location. But that's ended now, and neither of the BKK locations are running those Eatigo discounts anymore AFAIK. So, it was a good deal for me at around 250b (half off), but not so good at full price of close to 500b.

Second, as regards the price, needless to say, you're paying a premium at Hooters -- whether back home in Texas or here in Bangkok -- for being served and tended to by the "famous" Hooters girls -- although most of the Thai staff I've encountered at their Suk Soi 15 branch, while youngish and cute, haven't been particularly well-endowed with their Hooters -- at least compared to their American Hooters sisters.

I don't know if there's really a viable market for Hooters on Suk Soi 4. But, at least, Hooters is very clear and upfront about what kind of business they're running -- American comfort food and drinks at above normal prices served by cute eye-candy girls/women mostly of the look but don't touch variety. That either appeals to someone or it doesn't. Simple as that.

I don't know if there's really a viable market for Hooters on Suk Soi 4.

Considering the other markets that have remained viable for many years on soi 4, one would hope that "hamburgers, beers, chicken wings, attractive young women scantily clad" would still be among those that can draw an audience. But who knows.

Word is they are about to shut up shop. Running at a huge loss. Pattaya and Phuket to go as well. Pattaya hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. Soi 15 perhaps the only one to survive.

Just what I am hearing.