Hooters, Soi 4.

Fiery Jack

Word is they are about to shut up shop. Running at a huge loss. Pattaya and Phuket to go as well. Pattaya hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. Soi 15 perhaps the only one to survive.

Just what I am hearing.

I was by the Soi 4 area today enroute to dinner at the nearby The Mexican restaurant, and it looked like the whole, formerly open air bar area in front of the Rajah Hotel complex facing toward Soi 4 -- which had included Hooters -- has been demolished. Everything there is down to the ground, and the whole area where the bars used to be now has big construction fencing all around.

I dunno of Hooters Soi 4 may have moved somewhere else nearby or simply got closed & bulldozed. But I didn't see any signage for a new location as we were walking by.

Meanwhile, I was just looking at the Hooters Bangkok website. And although I can't say exactly how or when it may have changed, the current version ONLY references the Soi 15 location -- not a word or mention of Soi 4.

http://www.hootersbangkok.com/

There is and was a separate Hooters Nana webpage that's still posted. But curiously, when you go to that page now, it doesn't say anything about the Soi 4 location having closed. But it does have its main graphic being one that says Hooters is now open on Suk Soi 15.

http://www.hootersnana.com/

The Hooters Asia website, meanwhile, still lists both Suk Soi 4 and Soi 15, Pattaya, and Phuket, and says coming soon in Chiang Mai, Samui and Khon Kaen (although I believe those last three cities have been shown as "coming soon" for at least the past year or so.

Hmmm ... after reading Stick's report, I went to the Hooters Soi 15 FB page. It has posts a recent as yesterday. The Soi 4 FB page is blank. Maybe it already is history. It's like it never existed. Anyone in that area to confirm?

p.s. And it is / was in front of the Nana Hotel, where the Golden Beer Bar was for so many years. Can Hooters been remodelling it? That doesn't seem likely, since I never saw it doing much business ... despite the cute girls. We all thought the Pattaya location was a disaster in the making ... not the sort of place the Pattaya punters would go to. Hooters works great in locations where there is no competition from bars staffed by naked women! Good luck to the Soi 15 location. A buddy went to that one and much preferred it to the Soi 4 branch.