Thai Police Say French Tourist Dead After Boat Hits Her

cavanami

Of course it was a boat which had a crew of Myanmar nationals...

Does ANON have it right or what???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/thai-police-say-french-tourist-dead-after-boat-hits-her/2016/01/05/d9636e04-b3c4-11e5-8abc-d09392edc612_story.html

A French woman died after being struck by a boat while snorkeling in southern Thailand on Tuesday, police in the resort province of Krabi said. Marine Police Lt. Col. Anurak Parinyasatirkul said the 52-year-old woman was snorkeling with her family but no one else was injured. He said police believe she died from a head wound that might have come from a sharp object such as a propeller. Anurak said police traced the boat, which had a crew of Myanmar nationals, to further up the Andaman coast in Phuket. The boat’s owners arranged to have the captain surrender, and he told them he was unaware of hitting the woman. With 29 million foreign visitors to Thailand last year, accidents involving ...

I was out on Tachau Island last month. All the boat drivers on the island at the time were Thais not Burmese. Absolute lunatics. I honestly cannot see any thai boat owner letting a Burmese behind the wheel.

What would be instructive would be for a Nation or Bangkok Post Journo, to assemble the number of Foreign National deaths in Thailand (Farangs) over the last ten years, and detail the causes in groups like:

Truly Accidental - Cave collapsing, lightening bolt, self propelled motorcycle into wall accident, etc

Natural causes - Heart attack etc proven from post mortem

Natural causes - No or insufficient explanation given

Suicide - With or without hands tied behind back

Murder - By Burmese

Murder - By other foreigners

Murder - By Thais

I bet the last category will be 0

A very sad accident --------------------

" Murder - By Thais I bet the last category will be 0 "

Number of Individuals Currently Under Sentence of Death

Lets start getting this right, no one has been executed in Thailand since 2009, as far as I know ... although hundreds are under sentence of death ...http://www.deathpena...ountry=thailand

---------------------

These figures were for last year, 649 prisoners were under sentence of death, for murder and other crimes are you saying none were Thai ?

--------------------

However the last known execution was in August 2009, two men were executed in Thailand for drug-trafficking offenses. The previous executions took place in 2003, and were reported to have been aimed at testing the new method of execution by lethal injection. Figures from the Department of Statistics indicate that there were 649 prisoners under sentence of death as of January 31, 2015. Drug-related offences accounted for around 47% of capital convictions at the end of 2014, while homicide-related convictions make up the rest of death row. Thailand handed down over 55 new death sentences in 2014, at least 50 in 2013 and at least 106 in 2012.