I Laid Nep To Rest, Finally And Forever

Nasiadai

Higher prices yes but if you are dragging your ass half way around the world once a year then an extra $100 isn't a material amount is it ?

Spoken like a bar owner. :neener:

You're right, it could have been a sales pitch but not for many years have I been interested in the collective takings of bars. That said, the truth in the statement remains.

Of course, if you put $10 in a kitty every day and get to LOS once in a blue moon when the planets align and airfares drop below historic norms for a 12/24 hour cattle class ride in the tin can then yes, an extra $100 is unlikely to be on the agenda. However, if your trip (or trips) costs you $10,000 a year, then it makes no difference.

I have seen folk who once spent on decent hotel and partook from the top table relegate themselves firstly to budget accommodation and then to cheaper venues and lastly to cheaper whores. These folk are at the addict end of the scale where time on the ground is the paramount objective and if you read their woes of late, you can hear that they are convincing themselves (thought I do not believe even they believe it) that not having a hooker was fine, as saving money to eke out the days in LOS was the main task.

The mostly understood concept of a "holiday" left the building long ago and what is left for them is just a warm version of sitting back home and drinking in the local pub.

I don't understand the notion of going to the sweet shop every day and pressing your nose onto the glass knowing like Charlie of Chocolate Factory fame that what lies within is permanently out of reach. I don't call that a holiday by any stretch of the imagination.

Christ, seems I fucked up by starting out with the cheap whores to begin with. Wish I'd been more forward-thinking with my strategy 20 years ago, I'm stick fucking the same brand of whores - well, I guess that's the benefit, I haven't had to economize on them, at least.