Australianness

I found this definition of Australianness .....

" Egalitarianism underpins so many of our other hallmarks of Australianness. In particular, our love for an underdog and despise for the tall poppy. The championing of the underdog supports our egalitarianism ideals as it reinforces the belief we are all equal. That no one should be superior, and nor someone inferior. Australians are mindful of giving off the impression that we think we’re better than anyone else. And we regulate our own sense of superiority through modesty, humbleness, authenticity and a self-deprecating sense of humour."

I found this definition of Australianness .....

" Egalitarianism underpins so many of our other hallmarks of Australianness. In particular, our love for an underdog and despise for the tall poppy. The championing of the underdog supports our egalitarianism ideals as it reinforces the belief we are all equal. That no one should be superior, and nor someone inferior. Australians are mindful of giving off the impression that we think we’re better than anyone else. And we regulate our own sense of superiority through modesty, humbleness, authenticity and a self-deprecating sense of humour."

Understanding Australianness is a complex task. Kind of excludes you really doesn't it.

" Understanding Australianness is a complex task. Kind of excludes you really doesn't it."

Not at all I understand completely, I have a couple of great Australian friends. In fact my boyfriend and I were only out drinking with one last night, a highly qualified science teacher. Not that you would believe, there are Thai students studying advance level science in anycase.

But hey, they love Thailand, and understand Thainess, which might make a difference ..