Is Thailand Really That Bad ?

After seeing the traffic Friday night, I'm ready for the next financial crash. !997 saw maybe half the cars disappear from the streets, since many Thais either couldn't keep up their payments or just couldn't afford to fill the tank. Two hours getting home from Sukhumwit absolutely sucks, which is what it took! Yet people still insist on buying cars to join in the "fun". Got news for them ... a car is NOT a staus symbol anymore. (Maybe it was when my great grandparents bought their first one around 1916, but certainly not in 2015.)

p.s. If you live near the BTS or MTS, you're fine. They are almost the only thing that moves these days. It was so packed Friday night that not even motorcycles could make their way through. I'm on the edge of the city, and a car is needed to get around. One isn't if you live in the inner city.

There, I just bashed the city, and I first moved down to the Big Durian in 1978. Am I allowed to? :)

One of the advantages of living up here - you can walk right across the main ring road around Udon,3 lanes almost without looking first,fantastic roads,hardly any traffic. :santa: would be wonderfull with an open top sports car :hubbahubba:

" Because we have lived and loved in Thailand, some of us for many many years, and we are distressed to see Thailand headng down hill "

I would hardly discribe Thailand as heading down hill, any issues will be solved by the Thai people themselves in due course. Believe it or not, without the assistance of bedroom bloggers, the European union, or those that police the world, distressing as that might be for anyone not Thai ...

" Classic Thainess. The faring is the problem not the Thais. "

Assume this is supposed to be farang ...

" Because we have lived and loved in Thailand, some of us for many many years, and we are distressed to see Thailand headng down hill "

I would hardly discribe Thailand as heading down hill, any issues will be solved by the Thai people themselves in due course. Believe it or not, without the assistance of bedroom bloggers, the European union, or those that police the world, distressing as that might be for anyone not Thai ...

So how's that working out so far? You should read the international press, or should I say, Understand the international press.

So how's that working out so far? You should read the international press, or should I say, Understand the international press.

I can assure you I fully understand exactly what's going on in Thailand, more so than some, although I sometimes wonder if a farang journalist the other side of the world does when I read their biased reteric ... you are funny ....