Olympics Rule Change: Transgender Males Will Be Allowed To Compete As Women Without Surgery

Flashermac

There’s great news for adventurous male Olympic hopefuls: if they declare themselves women and reduce their testosterone below 10 nmol/L for at least 12 months prior to competition, they can compete against the ladies.

There’s even better news for these men. According to transgender guidelines approved by the International Olympic Committee, genitalia does not serve as a prerequisite.

The guidelines state: “To require surgical anatomical changes as a pre-condition to participation is not necessary to preserve fair competition and may be inconsistent with developing legislation and notions of human rights.

Cyd Zeigler at OutSports.com reported on the policy change.

The IOC held a “Consensus Meeting on Sex Reassignment and Hyperandrogenism†in November at which they created the new guidelines, loosening prior rules adopted in 2004 to allow transgender athletes into the Games. The previous rules required that transgender athletes must have undergone external genitalia changes and removal of gonads, as well as obtaining legal recognition of their assigned sex from appropriate official authorities.

The new guidelines attempt to justify themselves by citing various societies’ acceptance of fluid gender identity, writing, “Since the 2003 Stockholm Consensus on Sex Reassignment in Sports, there has been a growing recognition of the importance of autonomy of gender identity in society, as reflected in the laws of many jurisdictions worldwide.â€

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/333648-2/

They have men's events, and they have women's events. Why can't they simply add a third set of events, for transgender athletes?

The whole idea has been to put competitors into contests against similar competition. It is simply ridiculous to put women weightlifters or shot putters up against men who have had a few hormone injections. Olympic women's events now include boxing, rugby union, basketball, field hockey. It's just not right to put feminized male athletes up against women in these sports.

This PC crap is running amok. It is already watering down the US military. Now it will degrade the integrity of the Olympic Games. I tend toward libertarian attitudes, and I'm pretty much a "live and let live" guy. Deep down, I probably do think of transgenders as "freaks" - but - if they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone.

• Like 1