Chuk Mung Nam Mai

Mekong

For some reason, the U.S. Navy got paid with a lot of $2 bills. When I was a kid, a friend used to mow a navy officer's lawn and always had a pile of them. Quite unusual to see them in circulation though.

Navy base commanders do things like this to remind the local community of just how much money the base puts into the local economy through base personnel salaries.

A buddy of mine told me a couple of stories a long time ago. In one of them, the base commander ordered change from every transaction at the base exchange to be paid in silver dollars, as opposed to dollar bills. Got some attention, it did, when the silver coins FLOODED the local economy.

In the other story, the Navy was having trouble with sailors being treated poorly by a LOT of people and businesses in Florida. Friday noon, the admiral commanding the naval district that included Florida declared the entire state of Florida OFF LIMITS. All personnel on shore leave were recalled and required to stay aboard ship or in base housing. Personnel living off-base were allowed to go home, but were required to STAY there, doing no business whatsoever with ANYONE in the state of Florida, coming onto base and using the exchange for anything critically necessary. Monday morning, the governor of Florida was in the admiral's office, literally on his knees BEGGING the admiral to rescind the ban. It seems that a whole lot of people had just found out how important the swabbies were to the Florida economy...

• Like 1

We can go better than that, when the yoyo (euro) was first released the 2 Euro coin was the same size and weight as the 10 Baht coin. I used to feck off back to the UK with shitloads on 10 Baht coins and feed vending machines with them, paid for my vacation.

Yes I am a bad boy hehe

http://coinhack.tumblr.com/post/61327189118/10-thai-baht-2-euros

Kinda like when Canada came out with the Toonie.. a 2 dollar coin. The center piece was like gold in color and the outer ring was silver

People found out they could put them in the freezer for a day, then pull them out. Wrap in a cloth and hit it with a hammer and the center piece fell out. Take one piece to bank.. Hey the center fell out.. Ok here is a new one. That center and go to another bank. hey they outer ring fell off and I lost it. Ok here is another..

Well it seems a lot of people started doing that and the government figured that out real quick...