A Shocker ... Darel Of The Dollhouse Is No More.

Flashermac

I got a phone call informing me about two hours after it happened. I'm still trying to accept it. I'd been out with Darel a few weeks ago, and he was pretty much his old self. Knowing Darel, trying a crazy stunt like this doesn't surprise me, but tragically all he had to do was call a mutual friend who had a duplicate set of his keys. RIP

Nice turn out for Darel's service and cremation. The VFW did a military tribute to him, as he'd been Army airborne in the 1980s. There may have been as many as 300 people attending - old friends, skydivers, DH friends, dancers, business friends, a good mix of Thai and Farang. Afterwards there was a gathering at the Dollhouse, since Darel had said he wanted people to party when he was gone. Word is the Dollhouse definitely will open, but it will taken a while to get the paperwork straightened out. RIP, big guy.

Do we remember Stickman?

Jesting aside, as much as I disagree with many of Stick's take on Thailand one has to respect his opinion, sometimes polar opposites attract, as far as I know nobody passed away and made me god, I like difference of opinion and discussion so long as it does not deteriorate to the level of personal insults. For Fucks Sake, somebody slap me I have become a sensitive old fool.

Nice turn out for Darel's service and cremation. The VFW did a military tribute to him, as he'd been Army airborne in the 1980s. There may have been as many as 300 people attending - old friends, skydivers, DH friends, dancers, business friends, a good mix of Thai and Farang. Afterwards there was a gathering at the Dollhouse, since Darel had said he wanted people to party when he was gone. Word is the Dollhouse definitely will open, but it will taken a while to get the paperwork straightened out. RIP, big guy.

Flash - do you by any chance know the unit he was in? I was in the 82nd from 1978 to 1981 - departed in November 1981. I'm just curious (I was in various units of the 325th Infantry)

SS.