Paying Tax In Thailand

buffalo_bill

Hi,

Yes, but usually that middle class is a substantial part of the population, which is not the case here.

I don't really mind that those who make just a bit more than fuck-all don't pay taxes, but it does annoy me that many (most?) of the rich people in Thailand (and I guess elsewhere as well) do not pay their share.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Yes, but usually that middle class is a substantial part of the population, which is not the case here.

Sanuk!

KS,

Remember when you were at school all those years ago, math lessons "Standard Deviations" by true definition the "Middle Class" is the mean, the average. The Standard Deviation of a Random Variable, Statistical Population, Data Set or Probability Distribution is the square root of its variance (how the hell did I remember that)

Anyway, bollox to class structure, it's a bunch of arse in my eyes, I always have been, and always will be, "Working Class" as in, if I was not working I wouldn't be able to support my lifestyle, my classification system.

Here in Samut Sakhon, fishing and fish processing is a large industry.

Lots of paid overtime in the processing factories. Estimated 300,000 Burma workers employed here.

The factories automatically take the taxes out of ones' pay check.

How many small businesses in Thailand? the Ma & Pa shops, the handy men, the small construction companies?

These do not pay any taxes.

Just because an "employer" deducts taxes doesn't mean the taxes were paid! :deal: