Apple V Fbi

Mekong

the real reason that US Govt want's Apple to help with the terrorist's phone, some plonker in the establishment changed the password and now they can't get into it.... fuckknuckles...

Apple Says Password on San Bernardino Shooter's iPhone Was Changed While in Government Possession.

Apple has revealed that the password on the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone was changed while in government possession. The Apple ID password linked to the smartphone was modified less than 24 hours after authorities obtained the iPhone, the company told BuzzFeed.

If that hadn't occurred, they may have been able to access a backup of the device.

The revelation comes after the DOJ filed a motion to compel the company to build a backdoor into the iPhone, alleging “Apple appears to object based on […] a perceived negative impact to its reputation and marketing strategy were it to provide the ordered assistance to the government.â€

Apple has been in regular discussions with the government since early January and proposed four different ways to recover the information off the device without building a backdoor. One method involved connecting the iPhone to known Wi-Fi network to trigger an iCloud backup. Apple sent engineers to try that method but they were unable to do it. They then discovered that the Apple ID password associated with the iPhone had been changed. The FBI claims this was done by someone at the San Bernardino Health Department. (Yeah right...)

http://www.iclarified.com/53996/apple-says-password-on-san-bernardino-shooters-iphone-was-changed-while-in-government-possession

Personally I think this is all a big beat up. Kind of smoke and mirrors. I reckon ISP companies smart phone manufacturers etc have been doing deals with governments for a long time. I don't believe Apple for a minute.

Just my :twocents:

• Like 1

If only it were that simple. Governments are made up of people - and people often have their own agendas. People may be dishonest, corrupt.etc. Citing the war on terror has become this big catch-all that governments attempt to use to persuade the ignorant masses that extending their powers and eliminating your privacy are entirely justified. I am not convinced by the governments' claims.

This is a no-brainer. The Government should have access to your smart phone in certain cases such as this, involving terrorist acts. Look at safe deposit boxes, which one may think is very private; but the Government can get access to them. If one commits a terrorist act, the government can do things like body cavity searches -- how's that for lack of privacy.

• Like 1

Look, the FBI already has every phone number called or received by that iPhone and the locations of the calls. It has every sms, mms, and email sent from that iPhone. It knows the location of the phone during that day from cell tower pings!

So what is the reason the FBI wants the iPhone cracked? It is to force a backdoor into every iPhone.

• 1 month later...

So much for the public's belief that information on Apple products is 100% safe and can't be retrieved, even by Apple. The moral of the story is; when in doubt, contact the hackers. I hope that the irony isn't lost when the Government has to use criminal hackers to get to their objective.