Possible To Transfer Visa To New Passport At Airport ?

gawguy

I asked someone I know who works at a foreign consulate in Thailand for suggestions about transferring my current Visa from my old passport to the new passport I will be carrying when I arrive in a few weeks.

It was suggested that this could or might be done by Immigration at the airport. That makes good sense, but then again TIT. Do you think it is possible?

Thanks,

GG

I wouldn't want to say it definitely can't be done but TIT and I would suggest it is highly unlikely. But the people you really need to ask are likely not registered here.

What's the downside if you cannot transfer it on arrival?

What's the downside if you cannot transfer it on arrival?

I stay in Pattaya. I don't want to go to US Embassy in BKK to get a note or whatever to take back to Jomtien Immigration to have them do the transfer. I haven't been to BKK since 2010. I bring three suitcases which I will have to take to Pattaya before I go to BKK.

BTW: What happens when I go to the US Embassy? I tell them I want to have my visa transferred into my new passport and ??? Do they need anything else from me? Then they just give me a standard form they fill in? Do they want to see other documentation?

If I take a bus from Pattaya what is my destination bus station in BKK? Any other tips for getting in and out?

Thanks a lot.

Gaw Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Curious.. Looking at Google map directions from Ekamai to US Embassy, it recommends BTS to Chit Lom. Why is that when Phloen Chit BTS appears to be a lot closer to Witthayu Rd. I just want to walk from BTS if it is not a problem.

???

Thanks,

GG