The New Zealand Herald And The Thai Sex Trade

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

as a regular reader of the recently emigrated Mr. Stickman´s weekly thoughts I came across a link to the aforementioned paper where a undercover person tries to explain the world how the sex business works in the kingdom . Meaning if you hit a bar it takes a minute til a tout approaches you and offers sex with children to your heart´s content . Resulting in hundreds of thousands such cases all over the relevant areas .

Very well .

Within now 20 years of Bangkok practice I may swear by the Almighty that I heve never ever been offered sex with underages ladies under secretive circumstances and would not even know where to start should I fancy such practices . The findings of the Herald come as a major surprise I have to admit although I am sure that there should be hidden places where such services are available . What the Herals tries to explain is that it is common practice everywhere which to my feelings is nonsense .

Your comments are welcome

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11604025

I agree with BuBi I have never seen it that openly. At some of the venues where I performed with the comedy group there were 15-18 year olds ..... but never anything younger than that. Apart from Cambodia I might actually state thatw hile I lived there I never encountered prostitution from under 15's. I did get told sometimes stories by girls how they already started when they were 11-12 years old. But they started in upcountry brothels and by 15-16 they moved to/were sold to bigger city places.

The irony is, as Bubi alludes to, the normal adult P4P aficionado, will not encounter underage Thai Sex Trade or traders, in fact, like paedophiles everywhere, these folk (the heroes in the article) seem to be on a mission.

In the past we've had this discussion here and the efforts to link adult P4P with all manner of evil, usually don't hold up.

This is not to minimise the problem, but in the main part, it has to be said, that the real trafficking and underage trade, exists not in areas that are frequented, by western men out for a good time, but in the local and SEA entertainment industries.

Regarding the organ of this article, the NZ Herald, one is moved to assert that the feminist movement in NZ, in it's condemnation of men, is incapable of viewing the male quotient of prostitution as anything other than evil losers. Contrarily, in a country that has legalised prostitution for women (exceptions being foreign women), hooking is viewed as every woman's right. If a little undesirable.

One is also moved to inform the reader that that the feminist movement in NZ, is fond of quoting such misinformation as "You know the stats: 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men have experienced sexual violence of some form."

Most of these quotes are based on a study, that I took the time to seek out many years ago, in the pursuit balance and fairness, as one in three women I knew had not had such problems.

Key amongst the questions in this survey (not really a study, more of a questionnaire) were questions phrased like this: "Have you ever been in a sexual situation that made you uncomfortable?"

The intent of the question was to ascertain if the person had been coerced or forced into sexual activities. But as I pointed out to proponents of this study, my girlfriend and I had a root on some hay bales once, quite uncomfortable all round, what the with the stalks and all, but is this coercion?

I'm not popular with these folk.

• Like 1

Article is obviously bullshit,

<<Matt takes a sip of lukewarm local beer>>

No Thai beer is luke warm - he would put ice in the beer if he was living here

I've only ever seen girls aged 30 and above working in the go-gos. Never any younger

I call that BS. :nono: Maybe you meant 20+ yo.

Depends where he hangs out. :)

I remember seeing BGs as young as 16 now and then, but that was long ago. (Before the mid 1980s, the owners seldom checked and the underage gals simply used fake IDs.) I once saw an obviously very young gal dancing nude in a Patpong bar around 1984. She was hard as nails too, hustling for lady drinks with the best of them. After a while, a Frenchman came in and spotted her. He immediately bar fined her for the evening, and she was all over him as they left. But before that a cute little dancer sitting next to me leaned over and said (in Thai), "We don't like that one here. I'm only 16, but she is 13!" I went back to the bar a few nights later, and the kid was gone. The other dancers said they'd made the manager get rid of her. They told him, "If you don't get rid of her, we're reporting you to the police and the bar will be shut down." Interesting that the BGs have their code of honour.

p.s. Back then dancers weren't as hard core as they've become these days. Since they knew I spoke Thai, I'd often have a dancer come and sit with me just to have someone to talk to. They'd tell me their problems, complain about their job, sit with me to get away from some obnoxious prat who wanted to bar fine them etc. That hasn't happened to me in a long time. These days most seem to be interested only in money, and I wonder if they'd do the same thing today.

My point was sarcasm, many girls I suspect dancing were younger than 18 as recent as a few years back, borrow big sis ID or a friends card, no problem. There was a bar in Nana now closed which oddly had both I believe a number of under 18, as well as over 35 girls. More than a few bars in Cowboy had girls of dubious age. Few people want to admit this though I suspect. I suspect some are still out there. Thai places oddly didn't have as many suspect girls. I'm talking about none of them under 15 are the article, more like 16 and many 17 - still well below age in Thailand or your home country.

A Thai friend working for a good NGO outfit said most have left the Thai & Western bar scene, and soapies under the Junta, one of the good things they did, and moved into places more hidden. Where I have no idea.

And what do you do if you find one? As Bust said, get out of my face, but other than that, what? Any NGO trust worthy not to involve dodgy cops?

NGO's like mentioned in the article, I often suspect are really just income machines for the people running them. They don't find anyone, but then again, do hey really look?

Think about it, they hang out in Cowboy, drinking beer, looking for underage girls that have long been moved on, while funded from NZ and elsewhere - what a dodgy job!