Another Darwin Award Applicant

Coss

I comment the following edited news article, in order to express my dismay, at the ability of adults to remain teenagers, well into adulthood.

The following could apply equally to basejumpers.

The following has been edited to remove identifying details. I of course do, regret that someone has died and I feel for the family and friends involved.

---

The family of a 21-year-old killed out longboarding (skateboarding) near xxx on Friday, say he died doing what he loved. (So often the phrase for death whilst doing something stupid and dangerous)

Joe skateboarder was killed when he fell, and was hit by a car following him down xxx Road on Friday. (the car, driven by his friend, in order that he be recorded doing something stupid and dangerous)

His sister, Joella skateboarder, said he'd been longboarding (skateboarding) for years, and he'd skated that hill before. (most of us give up skateboarding, about the time we want to be taken seriously by girls, 14 or 15, the will to procreate, is not strong with skateboarders)

"He just really got into it really quickly, and then he just progressed," she said. "His talent was amazing." (balancing on a board with wheels? not really amazing, climbing Mt Everest, that's amazing, beating a supercomputer in chess, that's amazing, surviving a bear attack, etc, etc)

Ms skateboarder said her brother came home the other week and told her and their mum that he was going to go pro. (skateboarders? pro? that's like being really good at pubescent masturbation, if you're really good at it, like most 13 yr olds, go pro)

She said a group of professional guys from the States ('merica) had been over here staying, (the purpose of so many adults stuck in puberty, "what are you doing?" "nuttin, just stayin") and wouldn't go longboarding with anyone else. (very important, like all 12 yr olds stuck in adults bodies, the exclusivity of the group is the important thing, pubescent girls have this down pat)

"He was the only person in xxx allowed to skate with them, (see previous comment) which is mental (if you say so). So yeah, so many contacts everywhere, and he was so excited to go over. He was going to go over to California in April." (apparently they have pubescent skateboarders in the US)

The 21-year-old's girlfriend Briella said Joe was always positive, and he had the most infectious smile. (how could he be otherwise? and adult with a child's responsibilities)

She said to him, everyone was talented, and everyone had so much to contribute. (gosh the world is such a wonderful place)

"He just saw the best in everybody, and I'd just never met anyone like him." (given the small size of their home town, that's not surprising, that they only mixed with other pubescent skateboarders, that is surprising however).

• 2 years later...

And another one ::

Head to tailpipe: Teen gets stuck in truck's exhaust pipe during festival.

PAMTS6STJVFZ7NSHMAYFWHU2SI.jpg

Fire crews had to cut 19-year-old Kaitlyn Strom free with an electric saw when her head became lodged in the oversize tailpipe.

A teenager had to be rescued by authorities after getting her head stuck in a truck's exhaust pipe at a Minnesota country music festival - only to then be cited for underage drinking.

Fire crews had to cut 19-year-old Kaitlyn Strom free with an electric saw when her head became lodged in the oversize tailpipe at the Winstock Music Festival on Friday.

A five-second video of rescuers working to free the teenager quickly went viral after being posted on Facebook the following day, the MailOnline reported.

"How much alcohol does it take to get your head stuck in a diesel pickups exhaust tip?' the person who posted the video wrote.

Strom later posted a photo of herself on Facebook holding the sawed-off exhaust pipe.

"Yeah I'm the tailpipe girl, whatchu know about it? #winstock2k18kickedmyass,' she wrote across the photo.

The McLeod County Sheriff's said they cited the 19-year-old for underage drinking after she was freed.

"We were just all having fun and I saw this big exhaust pipe and I was like, 'Hey, my head could probably fit in that,'" Strom told the Hutchinson Leader.

"So I tried it. It did fit, but it didn't want to come back out."

KFGIM4AU5BGWXPCYLGFNC7TY3A.jpg

Strom later posted a photo of herself on Facebook holding the sawed off exhaust pipe alongside the truck owner Tom Wold. (She's so f*n proud!)

The teen ( Teen? 19 is an adult where I come from ) said she was stuck for about 45 minutes and had a brief medical check up immediately after.

Strom added that she didn't know the owner of the truck.

"I remember getting my head unstuck, and I just looked at him and apologised, and he said, 'No, I'm just glad you're OK. Don't worry about it'," she said.

"He has already fixed his exhaust and is going to be working on that. I did not have to pay for anything like that, because he was absolutely wonderful."

---

Someone will marry that

And another one ::

Head to tailpipe: Teen gets stuck in truck's exhaust pipe during festival.

A teenager had to be rescued by authorities after getting her head stuck in a truck's exhaust pipe at a Minnesota country music festival

Shows the mentality of Country Music Lovers

Sometimes you understand those people who claim that if 51% of the human race were to disappear the world would be much happier, cleaner and smarter....

In the end you luckily realize this is a genocide that would be impossible to implement and after all the biggest number of ass**** I met was during college.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Selfie - look at us, we're fantastic -  no problem, oops....

Viswanath, 29, and Moorthy, 30, were identified by park officials Monday as the two people who died last week after falling from Taft Point, a popular overlook that towers around 1000 metres above Yosemite Valley.

---

She was a "mermaid-haired wanderess" and self-described "adrenaline-junkie." He was an avid photographer known for his "phantasmagoric" skills and patience.  

Together, Vishnu Viswanath and Meenakshi "Minaxi" Moorthy were married travel bloggers who regularly shared their adventures and infectious positivity with thousands of Instagram followers.  

They frolicked in the dunes of the White Sands National Monument in New Mexico, embraced under cherry blossom trees in full bloom at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in New York and road-tripped across the country in a red Mustang convertible.

Just last week, the couple's travels took them to Yosemite National Park, a breathtaking landscape of craggy granite cliffs and thundering waterfalls. It would be their final journey.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/108267894/death-at-yosemite-travelblogging-couple-may-have-been-taking-pictures-relative-says