Sign in to follow this  
Coss

Another Darwin Award Applicant

First thoughts were why try and jump into a. Castle then I realized lazy journalism 

it is a Bascule Bridge, aka the Blues Brothers, other types of “Draw Bridge”  are Vertical Lift and Swing 

And another one!

A man was shot and killed after he set off a booby trap in his own home on Thanksgiving night.

Ronald Cyr, 65, of Van Buren, Maine, died of injuries sustained at his home on Nov. 28 after a handgun that was designed to fire upon anybody entering the front door of his residence went off.

Officer Chandler Madore and the Van Buren Police Department, assisted by the U.S. Border Patrol, responded to a call indicating that Cyr had been shot. But when officers arrived on scene they discovered that he had been injured by a booby trap that he had allegedly set up himself, according to a statement released by the Van Buren Police Department.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/booby-trap-kills-man-home-thanksgiving-night/story?id=67414907&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_headlines_hed

I lived in Maine many years and really liked it.  The northernpart, which Van Buren lies in, should qualify as a state for Darwin awards.  Not a lot of gene pools up there if you catch what I'm saying.

Well, at least he managed to live 65 years before blowing himself away.

Ronald Cyr ... hmmm, a lot of French Canucks have settled in that area.