Another Darwin Award Applicant

Coss

Fitness influencer who 'thought there was no COVID-19' dies after contracting virus on holiday

A fitness influencer who believed the COVID-19 pandemic was a hoax has died after contracting the virus on a holiday in Turkey. 

Dmitriy Stuzhuk had over 1 million followers on Instagram, where he promoted his ideas around healthy living and exercise. 

'It wasn't some made-up thing': Man who called COVID-19 a hoax, backtracks, after contracting virus

In a selfie posted last week showing him in hospital wearing an oxygen mask, he revealed he had woken up with breathing difficulties and a cough in Turkey, before testing positive for the virus after returning home to Ukraine. 

"As you all know from stories, I am sick with coronavirus," he captioned the post, according to a translation from The Independent. 

"Today, after returning home, for the first time there was an enthusiasm for at least writing something. 

"I want to share how I got sick and convincingly warn everyone: I also thought that there was no COVID... until I got sick."

-

dead

-

Dmitriy-Stuzhuk-instagram-1120.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Tourist dies in fall from train on Thailand's 'death railway'

...Police did not confirm reports that Ward was trying to take a selfie.

Reports said he opened a door of the train and tried to take a selfie to show the view outside and slipped on the steps at the door and fell to his death....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/300774534/nzborn-tourist-dies-in-fall-from-train-on-thailands-death-railway