Uighur, Chechen Militants In Thailand To Stage Attacks, Memo Warns

Flashermac

BANGKOK - Four militants – two from Turkey and two from Russia – are plotting terror attacks on foreign interests in Thailand and the region, a leaked intelligence warning claims.

The memo, issued by Surat Thani’s governor to local police, identified the two Turkish men by name as Uighurs and the two Russians as Chechens in a threat warning originally issued by the kingdom’s intelligence information agency, the National Intelligence Coordinating Center.

Police chief Chakthip Chaijinda on Friday said the warning was real.

“I have been proceeding with this matter in secret for a week now,†Gen. Chakthip said. “I don’t know how this news got out.â€

According to the memo, two Uighur men who go by the names Ali Yalcin Egin and Hidayet Dorsun entered Thailand via Phuket on March 23. The pair “may stage attacks on Chinese targets and interests in Southeast Asia,†the memo said.

The two unidentified Chechens, it said, are plotting to attack Russian targets and interests in Thailand.

The memo concluded by saying that the potential attacks may take place either on Phuket or Samui islands, and urged local police to step up security measures around crowded places and transportation hubs.

Both Phuket and Samui islands are popular with foreign tourists, who will be joining in the Songkran new year festival next week.

Despite the grim language in the leaked memo, police chief Chakthip said it is still unclear why the four men entered Thailand, and called upon the public to stay calm.

“Right now, we still don’t know the intention of their entry into the country, we believe they aren’t here with good intention,†Chakthip said. He added, “I’d like to ask the people to be confident in their safety. The Royal Thai Police and other national security agencies are working at the fullest to protect all citizens and foreigners.â€

In December, Russia’s Federal Security Service warned Thailand that up to 10 Syrian members of the Islamic State had entered Thailand to attack Russian interests. Thai officials dismissed it as a routine memo and threatened to prosecute the media for reporting its details.

Chechnya is a Russian republic where Islamic separatists fought a long and still unsettled campaign against Moscow. Uighurs are a Chinese ethnic group with deep cultural and linguistic links to Turkey. Two Uighur men are on trial for alleged involvement in the Aug. 17 bombing of Bangkok’s Erawan shrine. Thai officials ruled it a criminal act and not terrorism.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1460112616&typecate=06&section=

And because TIT

Immigration denies claim of 'Intelligence report' citing Uyghur terrorists in Phuket

1_201649112816312_hVISSazDkFWMFlaLmvKfvNLGBRmROXWvseNLFNPp_jpeg.jpeg

Immigration Commissioner Nathathorn Prousoontorn spoke in Phuket yesterday, assuring that there were no records of the suspects entering Thailand. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: A recently leaked 'intelligence report' that has created a stir on social media was knocked back yesterday when Immigration Commissioner Nathathorn Prousoontorn told local media in Phuket that there were no records of the the report's alleged terrorist suspects entering Thailand. The report had indicated that four terrorists had entered Phuket and Samui to destabilize the popular holiday destinations.

The report from the National Intelligence Coordinating Center (NICC) states that two of the suspects are ethnic Uyghur. Thailand blamed members of the aggrieved ethnic minority in western China for the Bangkok blasts that killed 20 people, most of them ethnic Chinese tourists, last year.

The attack was thought to be retaliation by Uighur militants for Thailand's deportation of 109 Uighurs, a move widely criticized by foreign governments and human rights agencies, which said the Uighurs were likely to face persecution in China.

According to the report, one of the two Uyghur terrorists entered Phuket on March 23.

The other two suspects, allegedly in Samui, are from the deeply conflicted Chechnya Republic.

“In response to the report's claims, we have checked all immigration systems. There is no evidence of any of these four suspects entering Thailand. There is nothing to worry about,†said Lt Gen Nathathorn at the Phuket Immigration Office yesterday.

“Though there is no evidence of them entering the Kingdom, we will of course be boosting security at popular tourist destinations during the Songkran festival.â€

(A commentary on the effectiveness of the Immigration lads at the various porous borders? And now Immigration Commissioner Nathathorn Prousoontorn is in charge of security at popular tourist destinations?)

— Kritsada Mueanhawong

http://www.phuketgaz...?desktopversion

More TIT

Australians are being warned about travelling to Thailand following reports of planned terror attacks on popular resorts.

Tourist hotspots in both Phuket and Samui are expected to be packed next week for the Thai New Year holidays, prompting local authorities to heighten security measures.

The move comes after leaked intelligence warning four foreign militants are plotting attacks in Southeast Asia.

The leaked intelligence memo identified two suspected militants as ethnic Uighur men from Turkey who reportedly entered the country on March 23.

"At the end of March, two Uighurs came to Phuket and stayed one night and then left Thailand," police Lieutenant General Suchart Teerasawat said.

"These two have links to foreign terror groups.â€

Suchart said police did not have information about who the Uighurs met or where they travelled to on the island.

However, there are reports the pair travelled to Malaysia and Indonesia after staying one night in Thailand.

“We understand they were eventually caught in Indonesia," Suchart said.

Suchart said authorities were also investigating several ethnic Chechens following reports last week that some were in Phuket.

Suchart said intelligence showed four Chechens planned to enter Thailand last month but two of them were caught in Malaysia before they were able to travel.

"The location of the other two is not known," he said.

Fears of a militant attack in Southeast Asia have risen after the Islamic State group claimed an attack in the Indonesian capital in January which saw four civilians killed.

Anyone checked the blowjob bars? I figure it's reasonably common for some extremist villain to end up losing his commitment to the cause after a few visits to some of the more notorious bars... Those girls may just save us from the terrorists after all...

As we are at it I may raise my voice in defence of Lollipop blowjob establishments corner Suk / Soi 10 . I swear , and I really do , by the Almighty Lord that I did not know about the purpose of the house even after I had already put fire to my cigar and started working on my first Gin Tonic . Point is that I had taken residence within Soi 10 somewhere and Lollipop Bar is virtually the only public house in the immediate area that is still in full swing around midnight . I may further confirm that the place should attract potential muslim extremists due to the average weight of the employees being in the region of maybe 70 kgs nett dry weight . I would avoid visits for the time being . After a visit to the hongnam it could be said the place is a dump of extreme dimension .

A BuBi health warning .