Uber - Wot's It Like?

Coss

I remember years back in the Red Light District of Amsterdam, a very beautiful redhead from Canada was telling me that her father was a taxi driver and when one of his customers asked to be taken to a whore house, he would bring him home for his wife... I imagine you can make more if you have something else going.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well that was an interesting experience, all two months of it. I've been declined by Uber, I'm almost thankful, after the hoop jumping I've endured and the small herd of 20 somethings with iPads with 3 options on them, that I've had to try and communicate with.

"...it seems you are not be eligible to partner with us." verbatim, English to be proud of.

Well that was an interesting experience, all two months of it. I've been declined by Uber, I'm almost thankful, after the hoop jumping I've endured and the small herd of 20 somethings with iPads with 3 options on them, that I've had to try and communicate with.

That pesky criminal record popping up again, eh? Fuck 'em anyway, and their ipads...

• 2 weeks later...

Just as well “I am not be eligible" for Uber, I just got an Interesting Letter from NZ Transport Agency.

Basically it warns me to not drive for Uber. It also threatens that I could be prosecuted in a variety of manners.

I’m wondering, given that all I’ve done is sign a few forms, to allow Uber to do a background check on me, how NZ Transport can invade my privacy and threaten me.

as I say

Interesting.

• 1 year later...

I'm glad I didn't get accepted by Uber, the horror stories are legion .

Essentially it boils down to Driver pays for every thing, car, tax, fuel, everything, Uber provides no sick leave, no insurance, no nothing, just the app.

People sit in their car for long hours and get amounts like $3 an hour. They are not employed. Uber pays nothing to anyone apart from poverty money to the driver.

This business model has moved to MacDonalds, KFC, Amazon, et al.

Global poverty is the name of the game for these giants.

The initial appeal of cheap car ride instead of taxi has worn off. Now I wouldn't take an Uber if you promised me riches.