Mortgages For Non Resident Thais With Income From Oveseas ?

torrenova

My other half wants to buy some land and property but I am not going to just sign a cheque. She can afford it, even without the asset producing an income, but would rather take out a mortgage on the property and obtain it more quickly.

I have UK and non UK companies who can supply any amount of payroll paperwork and match that to bank deposits but I do not see how a Thai lender could obtain certainty that the income was valid in the manner it was presented. Likewise UK dividends would probably confuse the hell out of them.

Any ideas or even better any real world experiences ? She could presumably decide to move back to Thailand to match any residency requirement but not over more than a few months.#

Don't want to tip her hand to the bank without knowing what they really require etc.

I could say a bit more on this but here on the mobi in Dubai for a weekend with a "special" friend.

I did essentially this. A close friend likewise. I think the key requirement was for the Thai bank to see an amount of money moving regularly through an account held with them. Something that tied you to the country, Work contracts, secondment etc.

My 30 year loan was mandated to run a minimum 3 years and we cleared it soon after.

It can be done but you need a good amount of goodwill on the part of those providing the loan. And the resilience to not accept it can't be done.

My loan was with Kasikorn. Not sure my mate.

Had to be legally and properly married as well

Er, that's it. Kind of.

Currently the only cash going into any Thai account is the odd 500,000 baht transfer (or thereabouts, FX rates permitting) and then another when that gets spent, which is only when we are in country.

Theoretically, one could manufacture an income from the UK company to the Thai bank account but there is no contract in Thailand we could use, only money earner overseas.