17 replies to this topic

#11 buffalo_bill

buffalo_bill

Heart broken

• Board Sponsors
  • 4237 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:31

View PostYimSiam, on 18 May 2016 - 18:47, said:

That place has giant rooms, multi-room suites - GIANT! - nice wooden floors, big balconies, washing machine, giant bed, it's excellent.  I don't know what they expect guests to do with the large empty closet room, but someday I'll find a use for it.  The drawback there is currently the weak room service choices - new restaurant is no good, I say.  

And yes, it can be loud, even 20+ floors up - but with Q-bar closed that has improved for the moment.  They are usually my arrival day choice - airport taxi to hotel, shower-beer-bourbon and fresh change of clothes, and then bars.  (Though I am virtually alone, it seems to me, in having this lifestyle in that hotel - mainly Indian tourists these days, I'd say, but they look not askance at my 10 am stumble-in parties...)  Value for money, absolutely.  And you get a newspaper in the morning, usually - or can easily borrow your neighbors.

My fullest agreement on all accounts . The empty room I use for storage of suitcase amd other ; I do not like visible luggage in hotel rooms , it makes an ambience that looks somewhat temporary while for example my deep love for Pam is already eternal .

And as we are at it : other than the permanent prophecies of all sort of doomsday fortune tellers say  there are hidden gems all over the place . I am talking about a small soi to your right after you left Frazer Suites direction Sukh . This alley leads into Soi 1(?) later on and at the very beginning is an original Thai massage shop with strictly medical treatments . A hole in the wall but where I located a wonderful therapist who is actually part of my decision for Frazer Suites because madame insisted that I come again to see her . A pleasure ; for both I may add .

#12 YimSiam

YimSiam

• Board Sponsors
  • 2594 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:51

My Pams are temporary, while my suitcases are by all reasonable analysis the most nearly-permanent elements of my life - a pair of Samsonites, one or the other of which has always been in my hotel rooms, temporary flats and work compounds.  By 'always', I mean since 2000 or so - basically since I turned in my backpack for a more dignified mobility support system.

Anyone done the Centrepoint Pratunam top-floor Presidential Suites?  An outdoor shower 25 or so floors above Petchburi is well worth the very modest pricetag.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone else up there - feel I'm the only one that knows about those rooms; maybe it was all in my mind.  Shared the shower and bed up there one time with a very diligent, energetic and cooperative young lady from a disco that - nearly - persuaded me that I had finally attained the experience that would obviate any further need for continued butterfly-style activities... after her, why continue?!  

And yet, I keep on...

#13 Ray-Ray

Ray-Ray

stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 19:59

I'm a fan of Column 16.  Good location and great value  Seems every time I book a room they have a promotion going on.  1-bedroom exec suite ran me about 3,900 baht per night.

#14 Pretendingtobemale

Pretendingtobemale

Pooh-Bah

• Board Sponsors
  • 1897 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 23:23

Anyone ever stayed at Amaranta?

http://www.amarantahotel.com/

The rooms are pretty amazing for less than 100 a night, the bath tub is part of the room

Posted Image
לעבן צו פּאַלעסטינע

#15 ALHOLK

ALHOLK

Carpal \'Tunnel

• Members
  • 4079 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:04

Last time I was in Bkk I stayed at S15. Not a bad hotel at all althouhg I don't know if they are guest friendly.
Before I have stayed at The Key, SilQ and UNO, all on soi 19. I used to stay at City Lodge on soi 19 but it is now gone.
I think that I think - Therefore I think that I am.

#16 Pretendingtobemale

Pretendingtobemale

Pooh-Bah

• Board Sponsors
  • 1897 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:52

I took a duplex at S31 I think, it has a pool with a glass wall. Great for photography except it's in front of reception
לעבן צו פּאַלעסטינע

#17 dean

dean

addict

• Members
  • 2198 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:54

4* Zircon Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand for only $25 USD per night

4* / ASIA / HOTELS SEPTEMBER 8, 2017 0 COMMENTS

Stay at the 4* Zircon Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand for only $25 USD per night.

HOTEL:
Zircon Hotel

DATES:
Availability from October 2017 to January 2018 (excluding Christmas/New Year)

Example dates:
25th-29th Oct
27th-30th Nov
15th-17th Dec
12th-16th Jan
29th-31st Jan

#18 Mekong

Mekong

City Slicker

• Board Sponsors
  • 10387 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:41

View PostPretendingtobemale, on 31 May 2017 - 03:52, said:

I took a duplex at S31 I think, it has a pool with a glass wall. Great for photography except it's in front of reception

May 2011 I had a duplex in S31 for a coupe of weeks whilst getting my head together and deciding next move.
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users