Muhammad Ali On Life Supprt

bust

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali is in intensive care embroiled in his most courageous bout - for his life.

The children of the sporting icon have rushed to be at his bedside as doctors treating the former heavyweight champ have told them they fear he “is near the endâ€.

Already four of the 74-year-old’s nine children, including daughters Laila, Hana and Maryum, are at the hospital in the Phoenix area where medics continue to fight a breathing problem picked up by the star.

The children flew in last night from around the US as doctors said the future survival of the champ was “uncertainâ€.

Although there were discussions about transporting him to another area of the hospital, sources claimed doctors decided the move “potentially could be deadly,†and the transfer was called off.

Muhammad-Ali.jpg

That was before the Lost Found Nation of Islam got him and turned him against "whitie". Fortunately, he later abandoned them and became a mainstream Muslim. (The turning point seems to have been when Malcom X went to Mecca and realised that Muslims came in all races. That sort of contradicted the "evil scientist Yakoob created the white race" nonsense.) Ali mellowed and became a very different person, the one that everyone came to love.

• Like 1

I remember his famous appearance at Harvard and after his speech they asked him for a poem...

It was as I remember "Me We"

Brilliant.

Loved that guy I had an opportunity to go to his training camp in the Poconos and missed the chance...