Brexit And The British Expat

Mekong

The established Political classes over the world stage will be or should be, rightly worried that the apathetic peasantry, to whom votes have been given, are now starting to use them, with scant regard to the Political classes' wishes.

See Spain.

• Like 1

Brexit leaders are walking back some of their biggest promises.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/81493960/brexit-leaders-are-walking-back-some-of-their-biggest-promises

Coss' Opinion: The Political classes are facing an abyss in my view and they're being edged closer and closer to the precipice, by their habitual lying.

• Like 1

Unfortunately i can't contradict your claim of a subsidised agriculturl sector. It is very heavily subsidised. In my opinion mainly to protect a medieval french agriculture. Before Sweden joined the EU nearly all agriculture subsidiaries, now most farmers can't exist without payouts from the EU. An example from real life: Banana imports were restricted to protect some small(ish) banana plantations on the Canry islands. Now European country grows bananas (in Europe).

The UK was a strong suppoerter of free trade which is one reason why we hoped they would stay in the EU.

• Like 1

Wow,what a mess ! Uk out of the EU,Cameron gone and maybe Corbyn to follow,Scotland shortly to leave the UK,the £ plunging and the FTSE in free-fall - whoever said a week in politics was a long time was absolutely right :grinyes: However,as another member pointed out,all these things were entirely predictable.What are the chances though,that after all this upheaval,in a couple of years time things might be almost back to where they were in the first place ie. negotiations resulting in some kind of access to the free market in return for cash and some agreement on free movement of people.

I quote the famed fighter pilot Bob Moriarity to sums it up- 555

"Any British taxpayer who believes it makes sense to hand their money to a serial deadbeat is probably also too stupid to mark an X in a voting box allowing them the right to breath free air.

In a brilliantly written and produced free video called Brexit: The Movie, Nigel Farage was quoted as saying,

“This is the only parliament the world has ever invented where you cannot initiate legislation; propose legislation or even the repeal of legislation. All of that comes from the unelected European Commission.â€

But how stupid is stupid? When do we know an organization is utterly dysfunctional? Watch the hour-long movie. It’s even more brilliant in hindsight.

For example there are five EU regulations that govern pillowcases. That seems a bit extreme until you learn that there are one hundred and nine laws controlling the pillow inside. That looks absurd until you count the two hundred and twenty-five sets of regulations dictating the requirements governing eyeglasses."

• Like 2

I quote the famed fighter pilot Bob Moriarity to sums it up- 555

"Any British taxpayer who believes it makes sense to hand their money to a serial deadbeat is probably also too stupid to mark an X in a voting box allowing them the right to breath free air.

In a brilliantly written and produced free video called Brexit: The Movie, Nigel Farage was quoted as saying,

“This is the only parliament the world has ever invented where you cannot initiate legislation; propose legislation or even the repeal of legislation. All of that comes from the unelected European Commission.â€

But how stupid is stupid? When do we know an organization is utterly dysfunctional? Watch the hour-long movie. It’s even more brilliant in hindsight.

For example there are five EU regulations that govern pillowcases. That seems a bit extreme until you learn that there are one hundred and nine laws controlling the pillow inside. That looks absurd until you count the two hundred and twenty-five sets of regulations dictating the requirements governing eyeglasses."

I'm not arguing against your point, I agree with you, but the movie you mention has had it's facts questioned, this pillow cases for example, one of the regulations mentioned is in fact regarding food, vis pillow shaped pasta, so they've trawled a database and not looked at the results closely.

Its always hard to discern reality but just think about it... regulations about pillow shaped pasta...WTF?

The politcos, central banks, crony capitalists, wall street.,Merkels, Duhbamas,Bushes,TSA, DHS etc have had us all by the balls.

I mean in the Ahmeriikas civil forfeiture is rampant with cops just taking whatever/cash etc from drivers.

In Sweden you have to explain and show photos of the things you want to buy when you go to exchange Krowns for Euros Ist fucking nuts

True...

IMHO Its time to get our balls back :grinyes:

• Like 1

Boardmembers unpatiently awaiting the UK becoming great again and " getting their balls back " should closely follow potential Prime Minister Johnson´s brilliant concept . Which is to be published as soon as possible , though not immediately . Maybe later . Potential prime Minister Johnson did yesterday find out that the future UK shall stay open to migrants from anywhere in the world although only in a in a most human way . Would that include Polish bricklayers ?

I am extraordinarily delighted that so far none of the non-AngloSaxon boardmembers did create silly and totally superfluous jokes about Brexits during French football tournaments as per yesterday . Very educated .

• Like 3