Review: Meat & Bones - The Commons Mall - Thonglor Soi 17

StoneSoup

'Felt like adding a bit on content to a moribund forum.

The Commons is a trendy little boutique mall about 125 meters of Thonglor, on Thonglor Soi 16. The ground floor is labyrinth of about 15 separate, upmarket food stations, with a central bench-type seating area.

See a summary of the different venues at https://thecommonsbkk.com/shop

Over five visits, I've partaken of three venues: The Lobster Lab, The Bottle Cap (serving craft brews, in addition to some standard Thai beers), and a Bar-B-Que joint called Meat&Bones.

The Bottle Cap has my favorite beer - Brewdog Punk IPA - on tap - at a pretty dear price (307 baht, after ++).

I've had both the Oak Smoked Lobster Salad (which was quite good) and the Lobster Chowder - which was OK, but nothing special.

At Meat&Bones, on my first time ordering there, I ordered the barbecued beef ribs. They were horrible - almost inedible - stringy, blecchh.

But - on my next attempt there, I ordered the pork rib meat sandwich - and it was quite good. The next visit I ordered the pork ribs themselves - and they were REALLY good. Dry-rubbed, with some sauces served on the side. You also get a small cup of coleslaw, or potato salad - all for about 300 baht. These ribs are as good as any that I've had in Thailand. They give you only three ribs - each maybe 11 cm long.- but full of tender, well-smoked meat that almost falls off the bone. Actually, the standard order is a little bit too small a portion for me. So - on my last visit Io ordered two portions. I finished both orders - but two orders was a bit TOO much.

Anyway . if you are looking for some good pork ribs, Meat&Bones is a good choice.

The look and feel of the whole mall is good - very clean and easily accessed toilets - and wide choice of food and drink - which you mix and match. Basically, at your first food venue, you pay and receive a little number stand. You can then go to other vendors, and order other foods or drinks - pay for therm - and give your "number". When you are done ordering, you sit down a table and display the number stand. A service staff then delivers your dishes (or drinks) to your table, as they become ready.

Cheers!

SS

Who the hell measure the length of their ribs? Sounds like boys in the shower room, and us (soon to be ex) europeans don't use cm but mm 100 mill about 4" 150 mill about 6" , where does 11 cm come from, Oh my ribs were 4.3307" long, so sorry for being a pedant but that is how stupid it sounds. Were the ribs measured cold or cooked? Thermal expansion on a pig is more than 8% basic thermodynamics heat an object and it expands

Sarcasm aside, good post SS, I know of places which are on par with or maybe even better, I am not going to share the details here with the great .

unwashed haha, keep secrets to myself

Being an ass is a dirty job but someone has to do it