Pokemon Go

khunsanuk

Hi,

Well, my wife of course got caught up in the hype for Pokemon Go and asked me to install this on her iPhone last night. After I did she spent a bit of time creating a trainer then asked me "Now what do I do?".

Had a look at her screen and told her "Now you have go outside to the soi behind our house and look around for a Pokemon.". Her response "Baa!"

And that was the end of Pokemon Go.

Unfortunately plenty of people still playing :(

Nearly bumped into people playing twice already today.

Luckily, I can't see this lasting more than a few weeks though.

cleardot.gif

Sanuk!

And someone is making a shit load of money

Better things to do with my time. Asians seem to love it. Pests actually. Some playing from their cars. With them and Uber drivers Sydney driving isn't fun.

Well people in Holland seem to see some positive sides to it. Many parents say: I used to have to force my kids to go outside and play. Now they go by themselves and they walk a lot more. Same for many other people whom usually do not go outside.

Also many people all of a sudden notice interesting things in their own neighborhoods and total strangers start talking to each other!

It is not all bad about Pokemon Go.

Also the game is free and can be played for free for as long as you want. Only when you want to speed up the process of training and the such do you need to pay.

Flash! Iran has just banned Pokemon Go.

Authorities in Iran have banned the Pokemon Go app because of unspecified "security concerns".

The decision was taken by the High Council of Virtual Spaces, the official body overseeing online activity.

Iran follows a number of other countries in expressing its worries over security related to the game.

But it becomes the first country to issue a ban of Pokemon Go, that challenges players to visit real-world locations to catch cartoon monsters.

Despite restrictions on internet usage Iranians on social media have discussed playing Pokemon Go in recent weeks.

Reports last month said Iranian authorities were waiting to see to what extent the game's creators would co-operate with them before making a decision on banning it.

Indonesia has banned police officers from playing the game while on duty, and a French player was arrested last month after straying on to a military base while trying to catch Pokemon.

A leading Saudi cleric said a fatwa (religious ruling) issued against an earlier Pokemon card game also applied to the new mixed-reality app.

The 16-year-old edict said the game contained "forbidden images" and violated an Islamic ban on gambling. But a fatwa's influence might not carry beyond that particular scholar's territory, and is not necessarily applicable to the whole country. :medusa:

Earlier this week, authorities in New York state said they would ban some 3,000 registered sex offenders from playing Pokemon Go while they are on parole.

The ban is aimed at safeguarding the children who play the game.

http://www.bbc.com/n...e-east-36989526