Vintage Thailand Video And Pictures

unit731

I've always liked a happy ending. :)

p.s. A friend was an MP in Bangkok in those days. He said they would often get a call from Thais and arrive to find that the offender was a Brit, German, Aussie etc. They'd have to explain that they were authorized to deal only with the US military, not everone who happened to be a Farang! :)

• 1 month later...

I remember seaside villages that were all wooden buildings like that in the 1970s, unpaved roads too. I wonder if any are left now.

On my first visit to Pattaya there were residential homes between Beach Road and 2nd Road.

Then came the "Tent City" or outside bars before later the monster hotels and shopping centers were constructed.

• Like 1

In 1973 Ekamai was still farm land. The few buildings were frame and no more than two stories high. I picked up a moonlighting waitress from Ubol at the Thermae Coffee Shop, and she took me to her house in Ekamai. I remember seeing a cobra that had been run over in the soi. All of her neighbours greeted me in Issan Lao, and I had to bathe outdoors wearing a pakhaoma at the well. Have you seen Ekamai lately? It's just another stop on the BTS, completely built up with only a few trees to be seen. :p

p.s. I wonder what became of that gal, since she was a cutie ... sweet as could be. I took her out four times, before I had to go up north to work. Probably good that I had to leave, since I was getting too fond of her.