Is Thailand (Bangkok) really that addictive?

Quote: "Is Thailand (Bangkok) really that addictive"

I`d say Thailand - yes, Bangkok - definitely no, that is unless you are a BG addict. smile.gif But then again there are plenty of BG`s elsewhere in much better settings in my opinion anyway: Phuket, Samui, CM.

Hua Nguu

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I would say you have to find out for yourself. There is so much to the country. Not just the BG scene. Of course that is a really nice feature, but beyond that if you get around at all you will be amazed. For me I felt so great the whole time I was there. It is hard to not want to get another "hit" of that feeling. I am planning my second trip this fall, and I realize that after that I will probably become totaly addicted. Right now I am merely obcessed. This is not a bad thing actualy its great to have something in life that so envelops you. Have a great time and enjoy the change it will make in you. Unless of course you are a jerk, then you should just stay home LOL

No, not at all.

Take me, for example. I first went to Thailand in 1972 when I was a youngster serving in the RAF.

After that, I was not addicted at all. I went back a few more times in the 70s, and several times during the 80s. Personal circumstances meant I have not been able to return since, but I am currently planning a trip for 2003 with another poster on this board.

Have I missed it? Well, it's occupied my thoughts in the intervening period rarely - perhaps only five or six times a day.

No, Thailand is not addictive.

No matter how indepth a description anyone on this board can write, you cannot comprehend how good the place is.

If you don't experience Thailand then you have not lived. With this though comes a word of warning:

You risk the danger of becoming an addict like the rest of us. When you return home you will be depressed for months. The place will occupy your mind constantly. You will have no interest in your native country females. Your spare time will be dominated by reading Thai literature, Thai chat sites and other internet sites and any videos you can hold of on Thailand. You may also risk losing friends of yours who have not visited Thailand because they are bored of you always talking about it. All your money will be spent on saving for future trips.

On top of all this, I severly recommend that you go, and make up your own opinion.

<Is Thailand really that addictive?>

Depends on for what reason you go there.

I think for regular tourists it's hardly addictive. The people I know who went there as a regular tourist and didn't visit the sex-scene liked the country very much, but most of them go to see another country in the next holiday.

If the naughtly nightlife in LOS is in your program then it's a different story.

I know of several people who started going there yearly(some of them more times a year) and Ialso know someone who, although he went there only one time three years ago; he can't get LOS out of his mind and still feels the need that he has to go back some time.

My impression is that quite a high percentage of the nightlifesanukers gets addicted to LOS.

"I have been able to leave Thailand 32 times since my first visit in 1987, so it can't be that addictive."

Yeah, but how hard was it to leave each time? smile.gifsmile.gif

OK I admit that I am now a LOS junkie, maybe I am on the road to recovery by admitting it but who care to recover from LOS not me for sure. After 5 trips to Thailand when I came back from the last one I immediately start to prepare for the next one. Since the two last trips, I don't pull the plug anymore when I come back here, I stay in touch with Thai friends and BG by e-mail and phone. I'm not only addict to the bar scene I have also a addiction about Thai people, the culture, the food and I start to learn the language. For now I also start to read book about Buddhism and I must say that I am very attract by that philosophy of life.

So for me it's not only the sexe scene who made me a addict but Thailand as a whole.

"Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you won't either. "

Let's say you like fishing and someone tells you there is a place where any fisherman can haul in a trophy fish on every cast so easily. If you ever experienced that, it might be hard to ever go fishing again anywhere else. The nightlife in Thailand is the same way. There are many places you can go where suddenly young and beautiful girls come up to you and compete for you. They not only want to spend time with you and be your girl friend if you want, but also want to do all these sexual things to you right away. It is unique in life to experience legions of young, beautiful girls chasing after you. It is very easy to talk too much about the nightlife, as there is much more to the country that can addict you that you will find when you get there.

It is addictive and lately I've been thinking (too)disruptive to having a normal life back in your home country. I do think it is very much like a drug. My 2 cents for what it's worth...

Good luck, in all likelihood you will not be the same after you "indulge" in a visit there.

Archived