Is Thailand (Bangkok) really that addictive?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without having to mention the nightlife, just to have met a few Tgs on a few trips and stayed a while with them will be enough to create addiction. Definitely the women have something to do with it. Or more like: the combination of Thailand, thainess and thai life experienced in the company of a thai woman is something that can bowl you over for life.

Hmmm Thailand addictive. Well im still new at this and only planning my 3 third visit in the last 20 months ( i caurrntly have 8 days 3 hours and 16 minutes till arrival in LOS...not counting for time change...ill work on that) But anyhow I havent been able to do much but think about my upcoming trip and Im sure everyone at work knows that whenever I start grinning from ear to ear its because its almost time for me to return. As far as why..... well I have to agree with waht pattaya127 said "the combination of Thailand, thainess and thai life experienced in the company of a thai woman is something that can bowl you over for life" Im not just addicted to the women (BG's) but to how everything seems so....hmmm relaxing...care free...unstressfull Well I look forward to seeing my fellow addictees <sp> soon

We seem to have the same thread running on two boards here, I posted something similar on the Nightlife board at almost the same time. Must have had the same thoughts. is there any point in combining them together KS???

Uniformguy

LOL well I am not surprised that others have written threads about this topic. I have always concidered myself a strong man that wont give in easily to temptation of another land but from what I am hearing from you guys I am having second thoughts about things. Will this be my first time that I actually cave in and let a land and its people take over my thoughts every minute of the day? I meen I take Thai boxing with a thai instructor(former southern thai champion) in Toronto I thought I knew it all, but from what I am reading here I only know about 2%. From what you guys are talkin about I call this the thin red line syndrom, if you have read the book and have seen the movie you will know what I am talkin about. I am not gonna go into full detail of the thin red line syndrom because one can have a long philisophical discusion about this for hours but, I just look at the scene in the movie where the two soldiers quit fighting a war they dont like, much like our office jobs of today and adopt a completly different way of life with native peoples in a different country. These soldiers in thin red line seemed to not care about the world and the war going on around them, but they seemed to be addicted to the simple way of life with the natives of the land. I dont know if you know what I am talkin about it is hard to explain but those are my observations. I do want you all to respond to my Thin red line theory and tell me if I am on the right track of my questions being answered about becoming addicted to a people, their culture and way of life in Thailand.

As Oscar Wilde is famous for saying "The only thing I can't resist is temptation" so I challenge you to resist the temptation of Thailand..........................

UG

Archived