Tilac, I Want To Eat Steak

yfs

My gf du jour has requested dining steak. I have taken her to farang restaurants in the past and have ended up finishing her plate. I don't want to cheap out but I don't want to spend a fortune on this gamble.

I need recommendations on places to take her that won't break the bank. El Gaucho, Landmark, NY Steakhouse etc. are out of the quetion.

Suggestions?

Hi,

"Tharn Fai kao Grill room" is quite nice and not too expensive. We had dinner there recently with 6 people, bill was little of 4K. Included 3 shared dishes, 6 main courses and 3 desserts. No alcohol.

It is a bit out of the way from the main tourist areas though. It's on Ladprao 48.

Sanuk!

I often go to Santa Fe Steak, but I don't order the steak. The fish is good, and they even have salmon. But Thais seem to love the steak there and order it more than anything else. And there's always the Sizzler. The problem with Sizzler is that with the soup and salad bar, there's just too much food to eat. It's the only place I've seen Thais ask for doggie bags.

p.s. You can find a Sizzler and a Santa Fe Steak House in almost any decent sized mall.

• 2 weeks later...

This is clearly off topic as they probably offer no steaks but rats running through the establishment instead as soon as heavy rainfall starts : opposite Ambassador Hotel Soi 11 at the entrance of a subsoi later leading into Soi 11 again . The menue offering an estimated 500 Thai dishes , some with photos . The place is bizarre to a degree that made me/us stay there every night , may Lord Buddha hold his protecing hands over this jewel of hospitality .

Sorry for disturbing