His Majesty Has Died

khunsanuk

Make no mistake this is a watershed moment in Thailand's history. I'm in the heart of Isaan and I sincerely hope trouble makers don't exploit the situation. However it doesn't seem to me that it is a bed of unrest. The mood here seems - well it seems these are events in are far off country. I know that seems bizarre, but it doesn't appear to have the effect many people expected. They are not subdued or anything - just going about the their business as usual. Of course senior government people are wearing black, I was impressed by a lady that even had black thongs - perhaps a recent bereavement induced her to buy them. But she is certainly the exception.

Well I certainly wish the Crown Prince the best of luck, because if one thing is sure - he's going to be needing it. Meanwhile I'm praying there is no mischievousness, because that would not be entirely unwarranted, in my opinion.

RIP King Bhumibol

I was sitting BG Soi 7 mid afternoon with the knowledge already he had passed on. Later walking up to Soi 4, I met an old friend who said she was going to work but not sure how long for because King had died. Seemed social media was way ahead of the "Official Announcement". Sitting in a Bar in Soi 4 when they made it official you could feel the grief in the air. Was quiet overwhelming for both thais and any farang with a sincere understanding of what was happening.

Coronation of Thailand's Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn (could be) delayed more than a year .

Bangkok Thailand's Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha says the coronation of Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn could be delayed by one year, following his request for time to grieve for his late father King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/85397914/coronation-of-thailands-crown-prince-vajiralongkorn-delayed-more-than-a-year