How Will Thai King's Passing Affect Nightlife?

Fiery Jack

And for how long? And, as well as bars, will shops etc. be closed for a period of mourning? An extended period?

Seems churlish to ask at such a traumatic juncture for the nation and its people, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering these things. I was planning a November trip, but may rethink if the country is to go into shutdown.

jack :help:

Ok update. Now 6.29 am and I just bought a bottle of Singja in Soi 8 after a quality breakfast at The New Yorker.

Seems Nana. Cowboy in fact anything entertainment based will be closed until further notice.

But lots of options.

• Like 1

I was about to book my January flight today but, much like you Jack, I'm wondering how to maneuver through these uncharted waters. I took the day off work to celebrate my 70th BD but I'm not feeling too joyous at the moment... :shakehead

I hear you brother. Suddenly all bets are off. :(

Unchartered waters, as Bust said above. Better just sit tight and wait and see. :up:

jack :help:

This a bit like Y2K. Nobody knows.

I got a message around 2.00 pm that the expectable had happened (I posted in Global RIP)

Since then I have heard everything from Bars Closed for 100 days to just tomorrow.

The truth is nobody reallly knows but based on what I have experienced tonight it is enjoy but don't have too good a time.

I think if you have planned a trip carry on. The Junta are smart enough to realize that the Thai economy cannot afford to sacrifice the tourist $