How Will Thai King's Passing Affect Nightlife?

Fiery Jack

If ever a thread was viable for lesse majiste it's this one, think about it. Your asking "Will I be able to get whores while Thailand has official mourning period"

Seriously?

If you choose to view it in that light it certainly reflects a rather narrow point of view. This topic seems to address many aspects of Thai night life. Is whoring the only thing that comes to your mind when nightlife is mentioned?

:shakehead

If ever a thread was viable for lesse majiste it's this one, think about it. Your asking "Will I be able to get whores while Thailand has official mourning period"

Seriously?

There are many who will read here who are considering visiting Thailand in the near future, want to get a sense of whether or not they will be able to do there what they came to do. I'm not Thai and I don't live in Thailand, and if I do visit Thailand soon, it would not be to visit tourist sites. So there really isn't any other way to find out than to see what people who are there are seeing on the ground.

I hear what you are saying, from their point of view, our talk about this would be hard to understand or accept.

But this is an English language site visited exclusively by foreigners. I mean, I can't expect to go to Russian language websites and see nothing there that doesn't offend me in a similar way. But yes I'm aware that some Thais do exactly this, seek out offensive things said in English for a completely non-Thai audience.

I do think we should all be careful what we say here, something that was warned in the first post. Be careful to respect the recently departed.

But to extend that respect to include even communicating outside the country by foreigners to a topic that has nothing to do with the main issue, that's nt reasonable.

This is not me saying that about YOU, I don't say YOU are unreasonable, I mean anyone (Thais really) who expects us here to stop talking about the thing that is the main purpose of this website, in order to supposedly show respect to someone who is not our king, who honestly we don't have such strong feelings about either way, as foreigners. If it's expected everyone wear black when in Thailand, ok I can do that. Even to avoid talk about nightlife when there in Thailand, ok. Nana etc. shut down, OK, I understand. But to NOT even just talk about Thailand nightlife when we (non-royal-subjects) are speaking our own language outside the country? That goes too far.