Which Soi 4 Bars Are Currently Open?

Fiery Jack

I am very glad not being in Krung Thep right now.

At the beginning of October I spent some hours in my Stammkneipe (= local pub) at home in Duesseldorf enjoying some Altbier 'Old beer'.

This pub is one of my residences and it serves me as my office, too. My notebook, some books, notepads etc.

While enjoying my beer I read some new trip reports with many pictures on international and german Siam-boards.

post-140-0-33879400-1477945968_thumb.jpg

The pictures and the reports caused a desire for holidays, a desire for Siam. I decided to ask my buddy of the travel agency to search for a ticket to Krung Thep.

Two hours later he called me and told me that I can buy a ticket: Start October 13, 2016. I hesitated, an inner voice warned me. “Give me 24 hours, I'll call you tomorrow and then I'll buy.†I answered.

I began to read German daily newspapers. I checked the latest news and headlines and suddenly I came upon a strange report; it was as follows:

the Thai prince Maha Vajiralongkorn leaves his holiday idyll at Lake Starnberg and flies home. The Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn spends his free time preferentially in Bavaria, Deutschland.

He has a house at the Starnberger See, Lake Starnberg; 25 km south of München.

What can be the reason for his departure? I wondered. I knew the king had been hospitalized for months, and the doctors were fighting for his life.

Perhaps it was a call from the royal house; your father is dying. You must come to his deathbed now. Hurry up!

I was convinced that this was the reason for the Prince's departure.

Next day I called my buddy and told him I cannot buy the ticket, the Thai king will die.

A day later, the news of the death of the Thai king went around the world

Now I'll come on 30 December.

live from Buxtetown at the Esteriver - 21:40 local time

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Hamburg Bangkok Düsseldorf

• Like 1