Windsor Suites

Fiery Jack

Was just about to book a greatly discounted room here for my next business trip :drunk: when I noticed some online reviews claiming it's decidedly 'guest unfriendly'. :nono:

Whispers of a 1000 baht charge for bringing back a takeaway tart? Said reviews were from years back. Can anyone confirm or refute based on recent experience or information, and/or appraise me of whether it's a dump or not.

Thanks, lads. :beer:

jack :help:

Stayed there years ago and the 1000 baht joiners fee was enforced. In fact the staff were quit offensive in the handling of it. Was booked for a week but checked out after the first night. Would be looking elsewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks lads. :hug:

Yeah, I hear you. I'd known of the Windsor Suites' reputation as a notorious shithole from some time back. :nono: But I was scouring all the usual sites (Expedia, Agoda, Trip Advisor...) last week, and it's been getting very good reviews of late. Maybe renovated? And there was a very good one-day deal on a 'superior' room (two single beds, which I like as you can spend your clobber out on one and kip/short-time-shag in the other), including breakfast and no tax/service charge that actually worked out cheaper per night than a superior at Nana Hotel. :hmmm:

Anyway, I've booked Windsor just for a couple of nights, and Nana for a couple of other nights: cover all bases. :applause: As I've recently hinted on here, I'm rather at the end of my tether with Nana Hotel. It's gone too far downhill even for an old pissed-up mongering tinker like me. Last couple of times I've stayed there have been a drag: brown water belching from the shower attachment, :surprised: smelly room with TV and Wi-Fi on the blink, :shakehead and one particular bloke on reception (probably about 60 years old, stocky, neat side-parting, dyed black barnet) that's always drunk after midday (nothing wrong with that, like: so am I :drinking:) refused to give me my room key one time as I didn't have the wee bit of card on me that they give you when you check in: christ I've been staying there for over 20 years and most of the staff know me by name, soft lad... :clown: Okay, I should've had it on me. Was awkward and embarrassing though (I was polite and calm: he wasn't). I showed him ID and got my key eventually, but he was aggressive and needlessly rude, never mind obviously inebriated. And none of the other two or three staff on duty (all sober, all know me well) waded in to vouch for me, while several other residents gawped on disapprovingly, unfairly marking my card as a troublemaker, I imagine. One fat twat queueing behind me to check in was tut-tutting under his breath. Fuck that. :banghead:

Plus the daylight walk of shame out of the Nana Hotel past the Soi Nana bars onto Sukhumvit (Morning Night & Stumble Inn) is nowadays too much of a white-knuckle ride for me if even marginally sober: all that shrieking and hollering from horror-film gals I've presumably shagged at some drunken point in the past. :doah: Not the best way to start the day. (Not a bad way to end it sometimes, if sufficient drink has been taken, like... :hubbahubba:).

We'll see. I'll be there in November and will file a report as per usual. :applause:

(If anybody's about mid Novermberish, holler. :beer:)

jack :help:

Edited to change it.

• Like 1

"one particular bloke on reception (probably about 60 years old, stocky, neat side-parting, dyed black barnet)"

I remember him, from 25 years ago, I wonder if he remembers me... But I was younger then and more Hansum...

• Like 1

I remember going to the Nana, 1st time 25 yrs ago, it was run down, smelly, stained, the staff surly, the food b grade, the trolls in the lifts offering buy pussy asshole free, but they did have the disco and a reasonable pool.

I was introduced to Izzy and told then, that he'd been there forever. And the location across from the Plaza can't be beat.

Now I feel like an old hand. Neither hold much attraction these days, but that's not to say, I wouldnt after 3 whiskeys :)