Sign in to follow this  
Lusty

Fortunner Service

I think a full service every 10k is a bit of an overkill as in the U.K. It would be 10,000 miles which = 16000 k

I think every 20,000k for a modern Diesel engine is adequate.

What you think?

I think I would agree. I think.

I can only suggest that any difference might be down to climate.

What do the oil companies say about their products. Certainly I thought modern synthetic oils were meant to last a veritable life time.

I've been driving rental cars in Qatar the last few years and without exception the 'service' interval is 5,000km.

A lot of modern cars are supposed to go into the dealer for a service every year.Seems like a rip-off when they charge a fortune for an oil and filter change plus a visual inspection and tick-box form that anybody could do :deal: ....Changing the oil and filter every 6000 miles seems a sensible compromise.

I always took my Nissan in to the dealer in Laos for the services as noted in the owner's manual, purely so the guarantees would be honoured in the event of any problem. Laos is dodgy with after sales service.

A lot of manufacturers these days offer free service for up to 7 years on new vehicles. Is this available in LOS? If so it's free so why worry :dunno: