Does Anyone Know Of A Medivac Service From Vietnam?

zen4dummies

I grew weary of Bangkok and moved to the HCMC area of Vietnam a few months ago. Vietnam has terrible healthcare outside of HCMC and I am interested in finding a Medivac type service that would get me back into Bangkok. A few years ago I talked to a doctor (Dr Dan maybe, in a bar) that worked at one near Bumrungrad. I cannot find one there or in other places that I have looked.

Does anyone know of any?

Thanks, zen4dummies

Xin Chao,

Now this is a Question right up my street, VN Check HCMC or Hanoi uncheck I am based in Baan Nok

Company uses Aon Health Insurance via Boaviet "Aon PremierCare" not needed it myself (touch wood) but a mate of mine was medievac to Singapore when needed.

Shush stop telling people about Vietnam, let people believe it is a shit hole impossible to work / live in hehe, our lass (Thai) has been here with me over 3 years now, well I say here we are "HOME" in Bangkok currently, we need a ew weeks of sanity per annum.

She has cover via AON Thailand , used it once in VN, filled in the form and signed on the dotted line, as simple as that

Kamon.

Kong

Sorry PM

As much as I respect your opinion you are incorrect in this instance.

I don't like saying "Trust me I live there" but in this instance ne has to trust me as I have been in VN over 3 yeas now.

Baoviet is the VN branch of AON insurance and I know personally of 2 cases where expats have been medievac from Ha Noi.

I use AON Thailand for our lass cover, can't fault them

I've been in situations where we tried to call International SOS, and they had suggestions like "Try to find Bangkok on a map. Now get there, and we will meet you at the airport and fly you to Singapore." I haven't found evac services very helpful, especially not in remote regions - better to have enough money on hand or available to put payment down for military or private helicopter, much more effective in challenging locations - but may require some advance work.