Religion, Why?

Coss

Yes and no.

First, it is human nature, once in a while, to pray, to say, if only to the universe at large, "Hey, I could really use a hand right now, or at least a sympathetic ear."

At the same time, sometimes people in that position get an absolutely unequivocal, unmistakeable answer. "Don't worry. You're going to be all right. I've got this." That experience tends to get someone's attention, real dam' fast.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and no.

First, it is human nature, once in a while, to pray, to say, if only to the universe at large, "Hey, I could really use a hand right now, or at least a sympathetic ear."

At the same time, sometimes people in that position get an absolutely unequivocal, unmistakeable answer. "Don't worry. You're going to be all right. I've got this." That experience tends to get someone's attention, real dam' fast.

... and then the mushrooms wear off. :neener:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Tina Turner saying once how hard it was to be a Buddhist. You've got nobody to pray to for help. (The Thais have got around that by adopting Hindu gods and reverting to animism. Pray to tree spirits and such. Hey, why not. Can't hurt.)

You know you are seriously messed up if you cite Tina Turner! For the love of christ!!!

I believe in Bowie's elaborate construction of logical building blocks in his song 'Modern Love'. Where it gets you is modern love, and what an awful failure that has been. No wedding bells, no church, no religion. And when did he write that song - it was the 70's wasn't it. Jesus! (yes the irony isn't lost on me), if you have to worship anyone, might as well be Bowie.

basic concept of religion seems to be duping persons into following like sheep the ones that want to control them.

Dear Sir ,

various layouts of religion have been assembled for the purpose of giving people a guideline to behave properly in order to set standards for an acceptable society . Picking the negative aspects only does not disqualify the concept . As for example Hillary or Donald are no reason to bury the parliamentary system .

PS : After rereading I believe this is a bloody reasonable post .