Eye Glasses?

Flashermac

My distance vision has got worse, while my near distance has improved to where I don't need reading glasses any more. That means it's time for a new pair. I went top dollar on the last ones, but I'd prefer not to spend 14,000 baht this time. Any suggestions on a decent place to go? I'm not going to waste my time and money on any of the cheapo shops that are all over.

I bought the last pair at a big shop in Central Lardprao (can't think of the name), but the price of the frames was a killer. They've held up, except the paint is coming off the top of the frames. I've had the glasses a couple of years now, really only wear them when I'm driving.

Concur with YFS on Top Charoen. It is an optician franchise with strict requirements, each franchise owner needs to be a qualified ophthalmologists, many have MD's from Chulalongkorn or overseas.

I was suffering headaches and blurred vision a few months ago and was told I had Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), not made up honestly it's what happens when sat in front of a screen 10 hours / day http://www.webmd.com...sion-syndrome#1 your eyes get a fixed focus.

So as well as my "Fashionable" Varifocal Photochromatic Zeiss Lenses in Gucci Frame I now also have a pair of plain old fixed focus glasses which make me look like Joe 90 for work, as if I care it is not a fashion parade and they stopped the headaches and blurred vision.

Eyesight is an important thing that should be protected, people who use THB199 street corner glasses are probably doing more harm than good, that being said I do have a few pairs, office desk, computer bag at home etc for "Emergency Use" since without vision correction I am as blind as a bat.

I think my Joe90 Glasses were less than 8K, cool eye testing machine "Focus on the Balloon" took me back to 80's platform games on the Amiga

Hi,

One more vote for Top Charoen.

Oh, and count yourself lucky if you only had to pay 14K :)

I recently got a new pair of glasses and the lenses alone where 18K.

As Mekong said though, it is your eyes we are talking about here and seeing that you will use these glasses every day for years, it adds up to only a few Baht/day.

Sanuk!

KS,

I expected more of a reference to Balloons and 80's Amiga platform games from you or maybe before your time.

Joking asides, Eye Sight is precious and needs to be taken care of and if it can be protected for less than THB30 ($1) a day then money well spent.

Four year ago I paid THB35,000 for my "Normal" Glasses which now equates to less than THB24 / Day and worth every Satang IMHO