The Walter Mitty's

Mekong

Personally neither I and very few members of my family have seen active service but I do doff my cap to those who showed courage and valour whom did.

Walter Mitty's the characters who but Medals at auctions and then parade around on them will hopefully soon be a criminal offence and about time to.

Family members will still be able to show respect to deceased heroes by wearing said awards above the Right Breast Pocket where as only the awardees can wear above the Left Breast Pocket.

For one I fully support this Private Members Bill

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38085998

• Like 1

Bangkok! Home to all of them, the number of spy's, secret agents, marines, bullshit tin soldiers, here even on this list, is outstandingly amazing!

Every bar has them, the USA couldn't have afforded to employ so many!

Tin fickin soldiers, insult to those who really did serve in remote places - and i effeminately wasn't one of them@!

They don't try that crap around real veterans. The genuine article can spot a phony within minutes. What's harder is genuine veterans who "improve" their awards. Fortunately, you don't see many like that.

The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (Pub.L. 113–12; H.R. 258) is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received any of a series of particular military decorations and awards with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit from convincing someone that he or she rightfully did receive that award.

post-98-0-03404700-1480238131_thumb.jpg

Flash

IMHO they don't try that crap on with non Veterans either.

My era is the South Pacific Conflict aka "The Falklands" 1982, I know every lad from my home town who was involved, and conversely can point the finger at the Walters in my home town also.

Sad Bastards who will never get a beer from me.

• Like 1