25 Die In Fiery Chonburi Wreck

Flashermac

post-98-0-84947200-1483352264_thumb.jpg

CHONBURI — At least 25 people were killed Monday afternoon when a van and truck burst into flames after colliding in the Ban Bueng district of Chonburi province.

The van was traveling from Chanthaburi to Bangkok when it collided at about 2pm with the pickup on Highway No. 344. Both vehicles were engulfed in flames and 25 people died, including passengers and the driver of the van.

Bancha Pannum, a witness at the scene, said he saw the van drive through the intersection, cross several lanes and crash into the truck, which was also full of passengers.

The Bangkok-bound van driver might have fallen asleep while driving, according to a preliminary police report.

http://www.khaosoden...chonburi-wreck/

I talked my Mrs out of driving to see her sister in Cholburi for NYE this year, and this sort of thing is one of the reasons why! :(

• Like 1

I`ve used one of those mini-vans to make a visa run to the Cambo border a couple of times.The drivers go like a bat out of hell in order to meet the schedule - they leave at c. 7 am and aim to get back to Patts c.4.30 pm.Its quite a long way and involves a 45 min stop at the border for lunch.