Screaming Panic As Fire Rains Down On Koh Phangan ‘Full Moon’ Nye Party

Coss

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/961494-screaming-panic-as-fire-rains-down-on-koh-phangan-‘full-moon’-nye-party-video/

and

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/01/02/screaming-panic-fire-rains-koh-phangan-full-moon-nye-party-video/

... the ultimate in getting wasted really...

and I don't know what if anything is lost in the translation, but several police are convinced there were no fireworks...

"Reached for comment, Lt. Col. Somsak Noorod of Ko Phangan police said there could not have been fireworks on New Year’s Eve as fireworks are banned. "

’"It wasn’t fireworks,†Col. Somchai said. “I don’t know what it was called. That thing is still here with me.â€He said he felt the heat as well.“I was there at the scene. I’d say it was like a torch, not fireworks,†Somchai said. “It rained down on me too.â€

Yes they are clearly LED lights, can I have a job and associated tea money with the boys in brown?

" Today organisers posted a slick film of the event on Facebook which glossed over the trauma suffered by hundreds of party-goers.

An event spokesperson told The Sun that they used fewer fireworks than normal and that they are not aware of anyone being injured. " :liar:

as if i needed another reason to avoid the mungos

Yes, I'm all for getting smashed and enjoying some music, dancing even.

But aside from things like Woodstock and in Middle Earth there was Sweetwaters, there does not seem to me to be the same attraction to going to a mass event where the "Performer" and I use that word advisedly, is a dude who jives around a bit whilst holding his headphones onto one ear and using his other index finger to fiddle with a record shaped bit of plastic, euphemistically called a turntable.

Not to mention being dressed in a "Look" sourced from instagram's coolest "Dude" photos.

Say what you like about live music, but at least it is live. And usually the product of the skills of the performer.

Imagine going to a fine restaurant and seeing the star chef, prodding a bit of produce at a table, whilst the food you are served, is out of plastic packs, pre-prepared in advance and warmed up in a microwave.

• Like 2