Departees !

Kiwi

I have enjoyed this board over the years.

Travel is part of my DNA . Many of the chaps here have posted info which I have ( thank you ) used in my travels. Places to go - and not. I made note. I am sure by now I could pen a paper script which may interest a few.

On one occasion - a mate and I decided one night ( ( in a Bangkok Bar ) to visit Myanmar . The posters on this board made note of the bird flu in Myanmar. I canceled this trip and flew elsewhere. Good advice.

And as I have noted the the postings - I've also noted the posters.

So here I now pose my question .

So many posters are no longer here - or silent - whatever - so are the folk on this board aware where these chaps are?

For example - where is the prolific poster ' Old Hippie'?

OH was a computer of travel info.

So chaps - occasionally post news of our buddies who may have left us or are residing elsewhere.

Best for 2017 - I'm off to NZ for a visit / a trip to Cambodia / a look at LOS as retirement looms.

And I remain on this board - ðŸ‘

• Like 1

I did the south island of NZ over Christmas and New Year. Spectacular coastline, friendly people and good food and beer. I loved Dunedin.

I can se myself retiring to Cambodia. Has most of what LOS has to offer but at half the pace. Did you make it to Burma? I refuse to call it Myanmar.

• Thanks 1

One poster I'm curious about was a Swiss bloke, I think his board name was Mentors. He was a great hockey fan. He disapeared from the board just before hockey WC in Switzerland where his team was doing very well. Old hippies personal attacks on people who didn't hsare his opinions I don't miss at all.

• Like 1

I did the south island of NZ over Christmas and New Year. Spectacular coastline, friendly people and good food and beer. I loved Dunedin.

I can se myself retiring to Cambodia. Has most of what LOS has to offer but at half the pace. Did you make it to Burma? I refuse to call it Myanmar.

No - ever tried to see Myanmar again.

Am pondering a time in Cambodia - there are many positive comments from folk who have tried the life AND STAYED.

I currently reside in South Africa - the hurdles ( life) here are many - some just appear to be just too high to jump.

No - ever tried to see Myanmar again.

Trust me worth the effort. Travel is much easier now. When I first visited back in 2005 you were pretty limited to wear you could go. Fly in/out from Rangoon only. Always treated with suspicion. I managed to get up to Bagan and Mandalay then up into the hills to a place called Maymyo. This is where the British Officers including George Orwell were based during the WW2. It was like time had stood still. People still got around in horse drawn carts.

Nowadays you fly straight to Mandalay.