Motorcycle : How Dangerous ?

buffalo_bill

Hi,

"Yes, but if we replace all the minivans with small buses, that will drastically improve road safety."

Morons.

My personal pet peeve is zebra crossings. Vast, vast majority of drivers will not stop unless they absolutely have to. And most pedestrians automatically give right-of-way to drivers even though they don't have to, reinforcing the behavior of the drivers.

I on the other hand am an asshole who will take right-of-way (while making damn sure the car will actually stop if I keep walking :) ).

Sanuk!

• Like 1

Hi,

"I long ago read that most accidents occur within 5 km of ones house so the short hops are the most dangerous!"

This actually makes sense, because you likely drive more often close to home and are more familiar with the roads, and thus likely less attentive.

Sanuk!

Talking about zebra-crossings I may let the board know that I strictly use the Asoke subway since due to a heavy miscalculation I found myself in the middle of about 20.000 cars , motorycycles and related vehicles heading into unforeseeable directions . I came from Jerry´s New York Cafe` and almost lost my life . At least I could now imagine what a homerun is .

Interesting ... presumably "Inshallah" is to blame in Libya and Iran, and "laeo tae duang" in Thailand. The Africans are just nuts. (How did the Dominican Republic get in there? I suppose Haiti is too poor to afford motor vehicles)

Notice that the number one country has twice as many dead as the number two!

p.s. I wonder what part the Thai bus accidents have in this. Nothing like killing off 50 or more people at one go to run up the figures.