Stickman Article: Hidden Cameras/thai Nightlife - And - Rise Of The Thai Vloggers

JaiRai

https://www.stickman...n-bangkok-bars/

Good read, was happy to see this article - a topic a few friends and I have speculated on a lot over the past year: the phenomenon of youtube channels filming the bar areas with hidden cameras (and how it's done so clearly) for profit, how long they'll get away with it, and what to think about it.

Separate of that there is also the emergence of a plethora of Thai Video Vloggers with youtube channels - Sonny Scholenbruch (had some sort of nervous breakdown online though), Rob/20 seconds in Thailand, Kev in Thailand (pattaya), Scott Mallon, etc. etc. etc.

I actually like that this happening, but it does give unearned credibility to a group of 'amateurs' and there is no check on the accuracy of what life here is portrayed as -- which leads to interesting results. But overall I see it as a kind of video version of forums like this (when they were more active).

• Like 1

I just went to the sites and they're simply travelogue type videos. But if they were caught filming in any of the bars, I wouldn't like to be in their shoes.

Yeah I should have clarified. The stickman article focused on the guys filming nightlife areas with hidden cameras. Initially Bangkok112 went into the gogos/clubs, but now just films outside walking around. His video footage of climax was 10x clearer than what it is to be inside the club itself, which was very dark/seedy. So regardless the guy has tech skills and I've been curious what his modus operandi is. Past tech questions there is the larger question of filming unaware punters and working girls walking around the nightlife areas. While his videos make you chuckle - there is that element of.... yeah. Hmmmm. They have gotten tamer though.

My second paragraph was just speculating on a separate category of thai video vloggers - something that has taken off A LOT over the past couple years and the more successful ones are generating an income doing it. I should've just left that part out, not related to the Stickman article - just something I find fascinating. And there is drama generating as some of these guys are going to 'war' with each other. But overall I enjoy the thai video vloggers...kinda. Sometimes.

secret cams in st rooms???!!!! :surprised:

I don't know if that would be the genre of comedy or tragedy. :)

I was in Cook Islands recently, bloke I know had a drone, was about $2000 worth He flew it over mountains out of line of sight, it fly for a while, then automatically returned back to him.

Amazing footage and technology. Complete with a 4K camera.

Was amazing to watch on the remote viewer it climb back up the mountain and go over the top and we can see ourselves about a kilo away

• Like 1

Bah. Too many Thai vloggers out there for me to go into detail, lets just say it's an interesting development and am certainly curious to see where it goes. I'm just the opposite in that I can watch drone footage for about 2 minutes before my eyelids get heavy.

Separate of that - the stickman piece was some darn good investigative journalism in that it answered a question I've heard several people asking - who are these hidden camera guys hitting cowboy and walking street (patts)? The fact that you have fellas posting hidden camera clips of nightlife areas to Youtube of all places (youtube is on a tear demonetizing everything deemed not family friendly or politically correct) and making a big chunk of change doing it - .... vellly velly interesting. It's a crazy mixed up world.

Incidentally BKK112s vids have gotten tamer and tamer and tamer. But the fact that some of his older clips are drawing 1million views (+) also speaks to renewed interest in Thailand to those on the outside.

• 1 month later...

What are moto taxi gangs for, if not to figure out who these guys are, track 'em down, and beat some sense into the fuckers?!

Makes me wonder if perhaps the bar/Plaza owners might see that there's a benefit greater than the risk to 'secret' video of nightlife flooding youtube - there's no such thing as bad publicity, they say.

In case we're taking a vote on this issue, I say anyone caught filming others in the nightlife world should have their gear taken, get a nice team-style Thai beatdown, and then be allowed to serve penance by changing linens and emptying garbage bins in short-time hotels for a few weeks, preferably in 'no-hands' style.