Manchester Bombing

bust

Bomber identified as local 22 year old from Libyan parents

The man has since been named as Salman Abedi, Press Association and US officials have said.

Another 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the bomb attack, which killed 22 people, including children, and wounded 59 more after a concert by US pop star Ariana Grande.

UK moved to Highest alert status, Mrs May just announced. That's the one where an attack is imminent.

This terrible. I understand Govt vs Govt war, don't want it, but understand it. This person vs civilian violence has no place.

I fail to see how as the underdog, extremists, provoking the vastly superior strength of the west, can help their cause, valid or nay.

There seem to be hundreds of these extremist nutters in the UK.Its almost one incident every week now.Whats the cause ( apart from religion,of course )...well,some say its the result of the West`s intervention in the Middle East over decades.Why did the UK let in thousands of people who have a different culture and don`t fit in ? A brief study of what happened during the Indian Mutiny should have provided a warning.

Yes and No Dexi

The alleged Perpetrators Kin moved to the UK over 20 years ago from Libya well before Gaddafi was reeled in.

I recall as if it was yesterday in 1980 a hight percentage of Libyans at North Trafford College in MCR literally half way between the Cricket Ground and the Football Stadiums both known as Old Trafford.

The majority of immigrants are decent people, after all am I not also an immigrant, myself? jumping between Thailand where my wife is from and I have had a Home for over 20 years, and Vietnam where I have been earning a crust for neigh on the past 4 years, I am no different really.

One has to understand the Manc Psyche, we treat everyone the same, it does not matter if Trafford or Tameside, Joy Division or Oasis, United or City, Manchester as City is United and we will not let the buggers take our freedom.

• Like 3

The Tsarnaev Brothers were Lone Wolf's (or Wolves).

Boston Marathon Bombing.

From my limited knowledge, they were self radicalized. Grew up in a somewhat middle class neighborhood in US.

The older brother did make one trip to Russia to visit family. Did come from the rough part of greater Russia.

These two did figure out how to make a b*mb. Two of them. And components for more.

I have no idea if the size of the Boston ones were similiar to the Manchester one.

On another note. Timothy McVeigh was a good old boy. Christian. White. USA born and bread. USA military veteran. Some have stated they (McVeigh had a partner) were Neo/natzi or alt-right extremists.

One key difference is that the Tsamaev Brothers and McVeigh and partner wanted to get away - to do more. Not self destruct at time of incident.

But the sad conclusion is that all of us have to live or die with fruitcakes such as these in our midst.

My prayers go out to the children and families of those in Manchester - UK.

• Like 1

U731

That is what makes it all the worse, he targeted KIDS, sweet innocent Children.

As a child one has a right of passage which should be memories which last for ever, Your first ball game with your dad, your first concert, the first time one fumbled blindly up a Bra when 12 years old, and their innocence has been stolen.

I, and others of my generation have abiding memories of their first concert, OK my father took to see Frank Zappa at Manchester Free Trade hall in 1971 when I was 7 years old, I never had conventional parenting, the first ball game I remember, sure it was not my first ever bit first that sticks in the memory was seeing Best, Law and Charlton of Manchester United up against the "Black Panther" Eusabio Porto team in 1969 one year after we had won the European Cup, these are childhood memories which last for a lifetime and should not be tainted by terror.

Manchester is a multicultural city and won let this affect us, the home of the Industrial Revolution. The Luddite Martyrs, Emily Penkurst and the Suffragette movement, home of the worlds first programmable computer, Great Sporting Teams renowned the wold over, some of the best Music of the past 60 years and comedy, don't forget the comedy being self depreciative is a great Manc Trait.

And to think United have to go out in a few hours time and play in Europa Cup Final ... Do it lads, do it for the kids.

• Like 2

One has to understand the Manc Psyche, we treat everyone the same, it does not matter if Trafford or Tameside, Joy Division or Oasis, United or City, Manchester as City is United and we will not let the buggers take our freedom.

The buggers won't take your freedom ..... Theresa May will. I saw her drooling over her announcement of highest state of emergency attack imminent. All so she can scare people further.