Manchester Bombing

bust

Manchester terror attack: Homeless lauded for aiding the wounded

MANCHESTER has rallied to raise money for their homeless heroes after many of them nursed injured victims injured in the Ariana Grande concert bombing.

Crowd-funding pages have so far garnered up to $70,000 for two men who were sleeping on the street when a suicide bomber detonated an explosive device inside, killing 22 people and injuring scores more.

Stephen Jones, 35, witnessed children covered in blood running out of the arena.

Another homeless man, Chris Parker, was begging in the stadium foyer when he heard the explosion.

Mr Parker, 33, described the moment he held a young girl who had been separated from her parents and lost both her legs in the blast.

Mr Jones, who has been homeless for over a year and used to work as a bricklayer, was forced to ‘pull nails and bits of glass’ from victims bodies.

“We were having to pull nails and bits of glass out of their arms and faces,†he told British media.

“I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself if I’d just walked away.

“Just because I’m homeless, it doesn’t mean I haven’t got a heart.

“There’s a lot of good people in Manchester who help us out and we need to give back too. I’d like to think someone would come and help me if I needed the help.â€

Mr Parker was knocked to the floor in the explosion, and instead of fleeing he stayed behind to help those badly hurt.

“I saw a little girl, she had no legs. I wrapped her in one of the merchandise T-shirts and I said ‘where is your mum and daddy?’ She said ‘my dad is at work, my mum is up there’.â€

Mr Parker said another woman “passed away in my arms.’’

“She was in her 60s and she had been with her family. I haven’t stopped crying,†he said.

“The most shocking part of it is that it was a kids’ concert.â€

A fundraiser set up to help Mr Jones get back on his feet had raised over $40,000 as of midnight on Tuesday, with thousands of supporters commending his bravery.

A crowd-funding page was also set up for Mr Parker, which had raised over $37,000 as of midnight on Tuesday.

http://www.news.com....18caff135842cfb

Anyone who tell me this should be in the sports forum can FUCK OFF

Less than 48 hours after the atrocities in MCR United lifted the Europa Cup giving them the full set of International Trophies.

It is more than Sport, a lot more, the lads did it for Manchester, a great city and one I am proud of to say I come from

• Like 1